XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

03-31-2019, 03:23 PM   #1
pdX5M
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5M

Garage List
2013 BMW X5 M  [0.00]

I like the sound as is but am contemplating doing the muffler mod moving the M baffle to the normal side and straight piping the M side. Either that or just do exhaust cutouts. Need to get a video of a drive by under load because the sound totally changes.
- 2013 X5 M - Silverstone Metallic w/ Black Perforated Complete Merino - All OEM Options - 12.5mm/20mm Spacers - Velos Stage 2 - xHP Stage 3 - AA Catless - Megan Racing Supremo - PTP Blanket - K&N Drop In -
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2019, 09:06 PM   #2
Lviv777
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f30 330e, C8 Vette

Sounds great, love it!
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2019, 08:26 PM   #3
Lunker325
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5M / 991.2 C4S

Agree with a drive by clip, always the best representation of the sound.
      04-02-2019, 12:19 AM   #4
Knobi
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 YMB M3

Garage List
Love how it sounds. How's the smell with the Catless downpipes ?
I'm very tempted to go this route but i'm still concerned about the smell
      04-02-2019, 12:24 AM   #5
pdX5M
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5M

Garage List
2013 BMW X5 M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knobi View Post
Honestly it smells like any turbo car with no cats. Personally I don't mind it - actually I've always liked the smell of straight piped vehicles - but it's definitely not for everyone. I've driven with the wife in the car and the windows down at stoplights and she didn't say anything and she is typically one to say something about scents so I guess it's not that bad...but if you're worried if it's noticeably stankier, it is.
- 2013 X5 M - Silverstone Metallic w/ Black Perforated Complete Merino - All OEM Options - 12.5mm/20mm Spacers - Velos Stage 2 - xHP Stage 3 - AA Catless - Megan Racing Supremo - PTP Blanket - K&N Drop In -
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2019, 12:31 AM   #6
Knobi
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 YMB M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdX5M View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knobi View Post
Honestly it smells like any turbo car with no cats. Personally I don't mind it - actually I've always liked the smell of straight piped vehicles - but it's definitely not for everyone. I've driven with the wife in the car and the windows down at stoplights and she didn't say anything and she is typically one to say something about scents so I guess it's not that bad...but if you're worried if it's noticeably stankier, it is.
I had a Catless downpipe on my old 335i and it wasn't as bad. But a couple of weeks ago a friend of mine went catless on his F30 N55 and the smell was unbearable. Mostly concerned about the wifey complaining about it
Guess i'll have to pull the trigger since the tune alone is not gonna cut it for me