XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

03-03-2019, 05:53 PM   #1
FastCletus
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Garage List
2010 BMW X5  [0.00]
My First X5, have some questions

Just bought my first X5 /E70 96K miles

I am trying to get the hang of the display. What is the home display? Is it the page that has the selections (phone, radio, CD\DVD, etc) It seems like the normal running display would be something more entertaining, than that or just the list of stations which are all in some random language. I know its a european setting but can you change it to just listing the radio station digits?

I have a TPMS sensor lit. All tires have proper air in them, so I am assuming one or all of the sensor are dead. Any way to check which tire it is with standard home tools?

The car seems to kind of chug off the line if I give it to much gas. If I gently accelerate then its fine or if I mash the pedal its fine, its just when i maybe come off the light a little more aggressively than normal. I push accelerator down the car goes, then a slight chug, then it picks up. Is this normal?

Why does my USB port in the center console work for charging but not for connection with the IDrive?
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2019, 08:46 PM   #2
Fearce
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e90 VT2-625

you can reset tpms from the idrive vehicle info section.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2019, 07:35 AM   #3
omgboost
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCletus View Post
I am trying to get the hang of the display. What is the home display? Is it the page that has the selections (phone, radio, CD\DVD, etc)
Yes, I usually have it on the NAV screen

Quote:
I have a TPMS sensor lit. All tires have proper air in them, so I am assuming one or all of the sensor are dead. Any way to check which tire it is with standard home tools?
I would say the sensors have been drained of their battery. Typical TPMS life is around 7-10 years. No way to know which one is dead.

Quote:
The car seems to kind of chug off the line if I give it to much gas. If I gently accelerate then its fine or if I mash the pedal its fine, its just when i maybe come off the light a little more aggressively than normal. I push accelerator down the car goes, then a slight chug, then it picks up. Is this normal?
Normal. If you drive in sport mode and/or have Auto H on, then the lag is sort of remedied. You'll have to learn to adapt your left leg to smoothly transition from brake to gas and you won't notice the lag as much.

Quote:
Why does my USB port in the center console work for charging but not for connection with the IDrive?
THe center works for updating the idrive. I think if you want music on the USB to play on the idrive, if it doesn't work on the center console then try to glove box usb port.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2019, 09:13 AM   #4
ryansbmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5 35i M-Sport, 2010 535x

Quote:
Not with standard home tools but if you go to a reputable tire shop, they have a little sensor that they can put next to the TPMS sensor to detect if its transmitting or not.
      03-04-2019, 10:53 AM   #5
FastCletus
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Garage List
2010 BMW X5  [0.00]
Wow, Thanks for all the help.