XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

11-09-2010, 05:59 AM   #1
Hamed
Private
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: X6

I scuffed and scratched my left front rim

As you can see...this happened today...Its kind of a deep chop..not just a surface scratch...

Anyways i took it to some local metal/chrome painting shop...he gave me two options:

1- To do a basic touch up...but he wouldnt recommend..as he says its gonna be obvious.

2- To fix the whole rim..patch the chopped part with little filler and re-paint the whole rim..he said he has 99% matching color..but he has to paint the whole rim..not just the effected area..he wouldnt give me a warranty on the paint work..but he said our work is a high quality..we use good paint that can resist heat..weather..etc..it wont peel after while

I dunno now what to do..I said let me try the touch up at least..it wont get worst..and he did it..it is OooOOoKay

I wana take your advice guys...Shall i re-paint it as whole? or I might have some problems with the paint in the future? I know for sure it wont be like the original...but my options are limited...

Please advice...

Picture attached !
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-09-2010, 07:47 AM   #2
Skywagon
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X6 3.5

My local BMW dealer body shop has repaired an re-painted several wheels for me. They charged $125.00 a wheel. It looks like a pretty deep scrape but I'd wager they can fix it and make it look like new. They matched colors perfectly.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2010, 07:53 AM   #3
audioquest
2nd to None!
Singapore
Rep
Drives: M8 GC, M5 30Jahre, X6 50i

Garage List
You can call for mobile wheel repair. The video shown is something I had done before but a little different, I had it done without taking out the wheel. They had a special machine that spin the wheel under your tire. They will touch up the area only and finish with clear coat. Beautiful Job.

[u2b]O9ZaEgHakO0&feature=related[/u2b]

Last edited by audioquest; 11-09-2010 at 08:54 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2010, 08:41 AM   #4
Hamed
Private
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: X6

Thanks all...

audioquest...I wish we had this service in my country...I have to open the wheel..take it to that guy's garage...it needs 2 working days !!!
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2010, 10:49 AM   #5
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywagon View Post
My local BMW dealer body shop has repaired an re-painted several wheels for me. They charged $125.00 a wheel. It looks like a pretty deep scrape but I'd wager they can fix it and make it look like new. They matched colors perfectly.

Agree go to the dealer. I had some done and match is perfect to other wheels.
Appreciate 0