E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > beware of valencia bmw.officially pist the f--k off

10-20-2005, 06:08 PM   #1
1sic06e90
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1SICO6

beware of valencia bmw.officially pist the f--k off

:mad: :mad: for those of you that read my thread on the problem with my new 3.heres a f---ing update. :mad: :mad:
after having my car for almost a full two weeks the service manager at bmw of valencia finally called and told me my car would be ready to pick up yesterday evening.I made arrangements to leave town once again and drive the 100 mles to the dealership to finally get my car back.when I get there he tells me that its not ready and that they put it all back together and in his words exactly(its still running like crap.so I said I need to get another car then right, he says thats the route I would go.after two hours of going back and forth trying to get a new car they finally tell me there is no way your getting a new car today and that we have a full 30 days to fix this car so tough luck buddy. Then another manager tells me he doesnt even know why I came down in the first place because knowbody told me my car was ready.I told him who it was that told me it would be ready and to save his own ass the guy said he never called and that Im a liar.My car is still there .Im still in a f---ing rental and now they will not answer
any of my calls. They are having the receptionist screen the calls for them to see who is asking for them.then the make up some lame excuse or something.Im about ready to ,well I wont say it just in case I do. any FUCKING SUGGESTIONS :mad: :mad: :mad:
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2005, 06:17 PM   #2
obLu
Major
Rep
Drives: 330i 6MT ZSP

Call the General Manager of the dealership, *CALMLY* ... I know I've been there, it's tough to do ... explain the situation. Do NOT assess any blame because you're backing people into a corner, and ask him if there's anything he can do to help out. Tell him there was a misunderstanding that you were informed your car was ready, you made a long trip to find out the car still wasn't ready, and that your car is still there without any ETA and ask him if he'd be able to get involved on your behalf to find out what's really going on. Once the GM get involved there won't be any pissing around. He's more directly tied to that "excellent" rating or 5 stars or whatever POS BMW survey they have now. And he knows more than the pee-ons how important customer service is to the bottom line. 10-1 odds he gets something happening.

Don't bother with BMWNA, it's a bunch of worthless kids answering phones in a call center and you won't get anywhere.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2005, 06:23 PM   #3
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
I agree with obLu's advice. Also - get the names of everyone you speak with. If the GM is unwilling or unable to help you, spend a few bucks and have a lawyer call them. You'd be amazed how "yes, I am so-and-so and I am representing so-and-so with regarding some possible litigation with your company..." can really get people to wake up and smell the poor customer service.

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2005, 06:27 PM   #4
e90fanatic
Absolute0
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Has a Roundel

perhaps also seek legal advice from a lawyer and see if you have a case? that will get their attention for sure
      10-20-2005, 06:43 PM   #5
1sic06e90
Second Lieutenant
Rep

took your advice bro, spoke to the gm just now.he said he was in the service managers office right now and to hold on just a second, I heard him say to the service manager.Have you called and told him what is going on with his car because he is calling me now so get this shit handled already,he shouldnt be calling me.the service manager just asked me if I wanted him to approach to bmw as I only want a new car or if I would be ok with them replacing the engine in this one.I said I would like a whole new car.he said thats what they would tell them and he would get back to me asap, so well see thanks for the advice bro
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2005, 06:48 PM   #6
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
Best of luck man. Hopefully he wasn't putting on a "show" for you. I would be very angry and frustrated too, so I feel for you. I hope it works out - let us know how things progress.

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2005, 01:05 AM   #7
puck724
COLTS 4 LIFE!!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
good luck with that man...
      10-21-2005, 06:13 AM   #8
ben1364
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 330iA

A calm, reasoned, approach without the use of expletives might also help.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2005, 07:43 AM   #9
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i Estoril Blue

you might want to follow up with a letter to the gm thanking him for his efforts and perhaps breufing him on the unfortunate chain of events that led you to asking him to get personally involved. detail names, dates and times as clearly as you can.

all the best with this serious issue and we all trust you receive the correct treatment you are legally entitled to. hoping its not too much longer.
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2005, 09:33 AM   #10
chrissal1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 340i

When you called back and the GM reemed out the SA on the phone - that's a classic dealership trick. Keep us updated and good luck
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2005, 02:22 PM   #11
schwma
My first bimmer...but definitely not my last!
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 330i

If you do wind up having an your attorney involved, you might think about finding one in Valencia. Then the call from him can go along the lines of "I was shocked to hear about such and such, as will be many of my friends and colleagues in the area who drive BMW's. I'd always heard such good things about Valencia BMW...."
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2005, 02:40 PM   #12
chen367
Rep
Drives: asd

If you really want to, go to comsumer affairers to file a complaint.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2005, 03:21 PM   #13
jvquattro
BMW Power
Rep
Drives: 02 M3 CAB / 06 E90

Garage List
2006 e90  [0.00]
Valencia BMW has a reputation of bad service, unless you got your car from them they would sometimes help.

They will never go out of their way to help you out, all BS, I've dealt with them many times and they make me

Stay away from this dealership!!! I have since been dealing with Century West.
      10-21-2005, 03:27 PM   #14
RGB
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 325i Auto.Active Steering

Oh, I thought it was Valencia, the Spanish town! Glad it is not that one. Sorry for you.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2005, 08:19 PM   #15
JVFan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Very Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGB
Oh, I thought it was Valencia, the Spanish town! Glad it is not that one. Sorry for you.

Hey RGB

Congrats with Oviedo's Alonso! That's so awesome. I have a Renault Telefonica/Mild Seven Fleece on it's way from France right now! :rocks:
      10-22-2005, 10:42 AM   #16
BMW786
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: SGraphite90

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sic06e90
:mad: :mad: for those of you that read my thread on the problem with my new 3.heres a f---ing update. :mad: :mad:
after having my car for almost a full two weeks the service manager at bmw of valencia finally called and told me my car would be ready to pick up yesterday evening.I made arrangements to leave town once again and drive the 100 mles to the dealership to finally get my car back.when I get there he tells me that its not ready and that they put it all back together and in his words exactly(its still running like crap.so I said I need to get another car then right, he says thats the route I would go.after two hours of going back and forth trying to get a new car they finally tell me there is no way your getting a new car today and that we have a full 30 days to fix this car so tough luck buddy. Then another manager tells me he doesnt even know why I came down in the first place because knowbody told me my car was ready.I told him who it was that told me it would be ready and to save his own ass the guy said he never called and that Im a liar.My car is still there .Im still in a f---ing rental and now they will not answer
any of my calls. They are having the receptionist screen the calls for them to see who is asking for them.then the make up some lame excuse or something.Im about ready to ,well I wont say it just in case I do. any FUCKING SUGGESTIONS :mad: :mad: :mad:
BMW NA will call you for a survey asking you about their service (if they don't, call them). That is your chance to get your revenge. Give them what you think they deserve (1-5) and you can tell them what you thought of their service.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2005, 02:08 PM   #17
1sic06e90
Second Lieutenant
Rep

saying its a manufactuar defect

I spoke again to the dealership today and they told me for sure that its a manufactuar defect and that they are locating me an identical car today.they said theyll call me back around 2:00, so well see.still feels like Im being shined on again though.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2005, 03:05 PM   #18
lwongveros
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGB
Hey RGB, great to finally find another E90post member in Spain! Go to this thread and put yourself on the map!

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5981

Hasta pronto...
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2005, 04:35 PM   #19
Milehigh E90
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sic06e90
I spoke again to the dealership today and they told me for sure that its a manufactuar defect and that they are locating me an identical car today.they said theyll call me back around 2:00, so well see.still feels like Im being shined on again though.
As someone who is ordering a 330i this week, it will be interesting to see how BWM and your dealership handle this. I realize that all mechanical things can and will have issues, (doesn't matter if it's the new wahser and dryer or the BWM in the garage) but what separates the good companies from the ones going out of business is just how they handle things when they go bad. Let us know how this goes.
Appreciate 0