E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Car acting funny...

12-06-2010, 01:16 PM   #1
lesha
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 - 335 coupe

Car acting funny...

Gave me a warning that my break light was out, which I thought was unusual because my car is relatively new. Warning came up few times i started the car in a day and half period. Then every time I would press the heater steering wheel button, it would automatically shut off in about 10 sec. As I was about to take the car to the dealer this morning, no more warning about the break light, steering wheel heating works just fine. I'm glad that all is back to normal but something is obviously wrong. What could be causing something like this?

Also, my car has only 10K miles and the breaks squeak. My first bmw and I'm not impressed.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2010, 01:17 PM   #2
galahad05
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '07 335i e90

Could be battery-related. A weak battery can cause electronics to glitch occasionally. then again, it probably isn't.

Problem is that the symptoms are so vague and sporadic, it would be hard to a) reproduce the problem, and b) get a tech to recognize that there is a problem in the first place.
Under these circumstances, you have to hope that the computer stored an error code(s).
      12-06-2010, 08:07 PM   #3
Deltari09
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 3-Series Coupe

well, nothing you can do about squeaky brakes. i don't really mind them, because they are doing their job correctly. the noise is made from scratches and dust, etc. and i don't recommend putting brake quieting liquid, because that stuff can impede the braking power
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2010, 08:14 PM   #4
fdriller9
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 AW 330xi

Garage List
2006 330xi  [6.44]
There is a TSB out for a faulty bulb holder in the taillight....show this to your SA.

http://www.bmwtis.com/tsb/bulletins/...p/B630208g.htm

Have your battery voltage checked. Mine needs replacement, holding 11.7v when off. However, with an '09 it's unlikely your battery is going. Your alternator should be checked as well.

The only way to remedy the squeaky brakes is to pull out the pad sensor and tie it off to the side. The sensor will rub against the rotor and cause the squealing. It's common on our cars. If you do pull the sensor, make sure to keep an eye on you pads, as the sensor obviously won't indicate worn pads.
Appreciate 0