home
BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) iDrive, Nav, Stereo, Bluetooth, Electronics

01-03-2024, 10:08 PM   #1
tommycr
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M240

Heated Seats

Ok…. Maybe I have a setting wrong but if I turn my heated seats on they STAY ON for all future starts of the car. AND there is no indication on the screen that they are on unless you press the climate button.

Sometimes I can barely remember the keys (and with the manual we don’t have the option of using our phone or key card which is a whole other situation) but I also can’t remember to turn off my heated seats from the ride before.

Is this a setting I’m missing or am I not the only one dealing with this?
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2024, 01:15 PM   #2
JABCAT
Professor
Rep
Drives: '23 M2 & '22 X3 M Competition

Do you have climate set to the auto program? Check p. 225 in your owner's manual.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2024, 12:34 AM   #3
mynameisnick4
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2

Mine shows a heated seat icon directly next to where you adjust the temperature that is always on the screen if the heated seat is on.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2024, 01:08 PM   #4
stashstein
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Mazda MX5

The heated seats are absolutely stupid in this car. They are tied to the auto climate control so they will only come on at certain ambient temps unless you turn off auto climate control.

For instance if it's ~35F outside, and I have the seat heat set to medium and auto climate on, they will come on. If I change the seats to low, they will just turn off.

Putting the seat heaters in the screen isn't great but I could learn to live with it. But not having a simple way to turn them on/off whenever the fuck I want to is asinine
Appreciate 1
J-RO2095.00
      01-06-2024, 01:11 PM   #5
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by stashstein View Post
The heated seats are absolutely stupid in this car. They are tied to the auto climate control so they will only come on at certain ambient temps unless you turn off auto climate control.

For instance if it's ~35F outside, and I have the seat heat set to medium and auto climate on, they will come on. If I change the seats to low, they will just turn off.

Putting the seat heaters in the screen isn't great but I could learn to live with it. But not having a simple way to turn them on/off whenever the fuck I want to is asinine
That is only if you enable the program. You can turn that off and simply use the climate menu to turn on and adjust the seat heating intensity. I actually use the program now that I'm used to it. My wife has hers turned up so it doesn't come on as often since the heat aggravates her sciatica.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2024, 01:13 PM   #6
stashstein
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Mazda MX5

But that means turning off auto climate control, no? I don't want to fiddle with fan settings through a screen, I just want to set the temp and forget it.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2024, 06:31 PM   #7
JABCAT
Professor
Rep
Drives: '23 M2 & '22 X3 M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by stashstein View Post
But that means turning off auto climate control, no? I don't want to fiddle with fan settings through a screen, I just want to set the temp and forget it.
I have my climate control set at 73 degrees, fan speed 3 (middle), sync turned on & auto program turned off. I haven't touched the settings since I bought it. It keeps the cabin at the temp I want it no matter the outside temp.

If I want the heated seats or steering wheel turned on I hit the button manually. iDrive 7 was much better in this area as it allowed you to set climate control rules like at what temp you wanted the heated seats and wheel to turn on and on what setting. iDrive 7 did suck for ventilated seats, however, as the highest temp you could have them turn on automatically was 68 degrees. 68 degrees does not require ventilated seats. It would be nice to be able to set it to 75 or 80 degrees (my wife's X3MC has iDrive 7).

I don't use the automatic program and minus it not having the previous climate control rules, it works the same as my wife's and my previous 330e.

His: '23 M2, Toronto Red Metallic, M highlight interior, carbon fiber interior trim, shadowline, lighting pkg, auto cruise, live cockpit pro.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2024, 10:17 PM   #8
xps
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw M2

I think I saw bimmercode has a way to code how long the heated seats remain on is remembered by the car, I think the default is set to unlimited which means it is always on until you turn off.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2024, 10:21 AM   #9
NoMoreVW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Current: VW R32, GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by xps View Post
I think I saw bimmercode has a way to code how long the heated seats remain on is remembered by the car, I think the default is set to unlimited which means it is always on until you turn off.
I have had issues with this setting in BimmerCode. I coded them to unlimited. I turn the seats on, the seat icon shows in the dash. I turn the car off. I turn the car on and the icon on the dash is off. I go into the settings and it appears it’s still on, but again, no icon unless I change the temp of the seat at that point.
Appreciate 0