United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [8.40]
2024 BMW M2  [9.00]
2018 BMW 340i XDrive  [10.00]
Adding a second driver profile

When I picked up my G87, the sales advisor helped me set up my profile using the my BMW app, and everythign works great. I'm now trying to set up a second profile for my wife and having some trouble. She downoaded the app, signed in with her account, but when I try to add it to the car as a second profile, it fails. I tried both scanning the QR code as well as manually inputting her email/pw in the idrive screen, neither worked.

I have not yet added the car to her account under her app (I was afraid it would remove it from mine and screw up my account). This is probably a stupid question, but does anyone know how to properly add a second driver profile?
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2023, 03:27 PM   #2
Smilodon
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 M2

No expert here (just got mine a few weeks ago), but it seems like the desired use case is a profile tied to a key. So, we set up a profile for my wife on one key, put that key away, got out the other key and repeated the process.

This worked exactly as expected. I initially tried locking away the "spare" key and trying to get everything to work with one key and it didn't go well.

Ironically, once they are both setup, I can use my wife's key and then just select my profile and all works well. However, it is still cumbersome, as the car sets up her seat settings and whatnot then I have to get in (she needs the seat further forward so it is uncomfortable) and then select my profile and everything moves around a second time.

I've just gotten used to "my" key and "her" key. That way, I walk up to the car and it behaves (beeps, moves mirrors, etc.) according to my settings. Much smoother in operation.

Someone with more experience might have a better "it works this way" explanation, but this has just been from my novice experience so far.
Appreciate 0