10-07-2023, 10:15 AM   #1
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
Display Guidance

I have gone through the manual and not sure where to find this info if it’s even available. I have on my dash the fuel economy and it seems to switch from trip fuel economy and gals per hour. I’m trying to figure out how to get the total estimated fuel economy for the tank but don’t see how to find it or set it in the display.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2023, 10:36 AM   #2
aerobod
Car Geek
Rep
Drives: Caterham R500, M2-G87, Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1pher View Post
I have gone through the manual and not sure where to find this info if it’s even available. I have on my dash the fuel economy and it seems to switch from trip fuel economy and gals per hour. I’m trying to figure out how to get the total estimated fuel economy for the tank but don’t see how to find it or set it in the display.
The top button on the end of the indicator stalk will scroll through the 4 different fuel consumption modes (since trip reset, for the current trip, since refuel and lifetime). When the car is stationary it will show idling fuel consumption in litres/hour or gallons/hour, while moving it will show mpg, l/100km or km/l. The "since refuel" will be the average consumption since the tank was filled.
Appreciate 4
c1pher4673.00
M2siast5876.00
      10-07-2023, 10:46 AM   #3
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerobod View Post
The top button on the end of the indicator stalk will scroll through the 4 different fuel consumption modes (since trip reset, for the current trip, since refuel and lifetime). When the car is stationary it will show idling fuel consumption in litres/hour or gallons/hour, while moving it will show mpg, l/100km or km/l. The "since refuel" will be the average consumption since the tank was filled.
Okay I feel stupid now lol. They didn’t show me that at the dealer and I couldn’t find it in the manual. Thanks much!
Appreciate 1
aerobod3625.50
      10-25-2023, 06:58 PM   #4
Reemie87
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G87

Garage List
2023 BMW  [10.00]
lol don’t feel stupid I only learn that function by mistake while driving press it n was like what is this changing.
Appreciate 1
c1pher4673.00
      10-26-2023, 03:35 PM   #5
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reemie87 View Post
lol don’t feel stupid I only learn that function by mistake while driving press it n was like what is this changing.
Yes, I did that too but didn’t realize at the time it was the button press. I was also trying to change it while stopped which the mpg since refueling changes to gallons per hour. Not sure why it changes but it does. Once you start moving again, the mpgs show up. That’s why I couldn’t figure it out. I didn’t want to fiddle with settings while driving.
Appreciate 0