08-29-2023, 07:18 AM   #1
Giggsy
Private
Rep
Drives: M2 G87 Brooklyn Grey

Garage List
2022 M2  [8.40]
Upgrading the HK in the G87

I understand the sound issue can be very subjective but after collecting my G87, the HK sounded like a downgrade from the F87 OG, so i decided to get an upgrade that fitted in my budget but looked as much OEM as possible

Decided on the following inc sound deadening with a lot of the"fixings" improved on the door cards etc to stop any rattles etc

Audison Prima 2 way front speakers
Audison Prima rear speakers
Audison Prima 8″ under seat subwoofer – Passenger side
Audison Prima 8″ under seat subwoofer – Driver side
45 sheets of Skinz sound proofing
Audison Forza AFM12.14 – Amplifier
Audison Prima APBX 10 AS - Sub in the boot
Audison bit B-Con -Hi-Res Wireless
Audison Forza DRC AC - Sub and B-Con control
Hiby R6 Gen 3 - DAP
Bluetooth Media Button
Connection grade wiring

The B-Con lets me send lossless music from my Hiby R6 and the switching from iDrive to Lossless is controlled by the DRC with music volume and track changes controlled by the tiny Bluetooth Media Button

Spotify Carplay is the most compressed but still sounds a lot better than stock. Idrive Spotify is very good but the ultimate sound comes from the DAP. The sound is very clean and the sub in the boot doesnt take up too much space and isnt bone shaking.

The tuning was done using DSP software inc all crossover management and tailored to my taste

On start i do have to turn off "sound control" otherwise the sub starts to drone. Im sure this can be coded out with bimmercode

All in all i feel that the upgrade is fantastic and worth the "man maths" i did to justify it and is comparable to my home system.

This car is bonkers btw and coupled with the new sound system, the whole experience and fun of driving this car is raised to another level
Attached Images

Appreciate 2