E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Electrical Problems?

04-29-2023, 01:29 PM   #1
bybydzoo
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw 328xi 2011

Angry Electrical Problems?

2011 Electrical Problem

I have a 2011 335xDrive with the N55. Have been driving the last couple weeks and started getting Intake codes and low fuel pressure codes, didn’t affect driving and would go away after cleared and come back maybe a few days later.

Today I started her up and drove about a mile and had the gauges on my dash going on and off as if the car was turning off then back on, car drove fine still nothing affected, as i was able to get home no problem. But having these new codes present. Fan or the water pump kicked on full blast as i got in the driveway and gauges continue to flash on and off along with the iDrive system.
Battery, alternator and water pump have been done in the past year and voltage is normal when car is on and off. Replaced a few fuses in the glovebox that looked potentially bad but no luck.

Has anybody else run into this problem or similar?
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2023, 01:30 PM   #2
bybydzoo
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw 328xi 2011

CLEAR ERROR CODES
SEND REPORT
PER EMAIL
SHOW DME
CODES HISTORY
- DME active codes -
299C - Outside temperature sensor, signal: CAN message faulty.
3396 - Engine switch-off time, signal: Missing.
3BC7 - No message (terminal status, 0x130), DME receiver, CAS transmitter.
3BCC - No message (heat flow/load torque climate, 0x1B5), receiver DME, transmitter IHKA.
3BCE - No message (status KOMBI, 0×1B4), receiver DME, transmitter KOMBI.
3BF4 - No message (central locking system and lid status, Ox2FC), DME receiver, CAS transmitter.
CD86 - No message (terminal status, 0×130), DME receiver, CAS transmitter.
CD95 PT-CAN, message (lamp status, 0x21A):
no message
CDB4 Service (0x5EO, OBD sensor, diagnosis status): no service
- DME shadow (inactive) codes -
299E Ambient-temperature sensor: collective fault: electrical and plausibility
- Misc. information -
4/29/2023
MHD 2.3.2

These are the new codes that came on today with the problem.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2023, 04:24 PM   #3
Beemermike
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 325i SE N53

Garage List
All the affected modules - CAS, IHKA, KOMBI, are part of the K-CAN bus network, and the recorded faults would indicate that DME is waiting for a response from the listed modules but is not receiving one.

A CAN bus network is very voltage sensitive, issues with battery voltage or alternator output can cause multiple network related codes like in your case, but so can a short circuit on the network's wiring loom. I believe there is a function in ISTA-D (the dealer's diagnostic software) that checks the network and pinpoints the problem, but I've never used it.

Doing a little bit of research I found this video, the guy is diagnosing a CAN bus network on an E90 so might be of help if you want to DYI this.
Appreciate 0