E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > N43 weird ticking noise

02-27-2023, 10:39 AM   #1
martacz
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90 318i

N43 weird ticking noise

Hello everyone,

2 days ago when I was on my way home from a trip I noticed an unusual ticking sound. I already experienced weirder than normal ticking but I always thought it had something to do with the weather/air quality because I figured out different weather = different fuel mixture and possibly little different sound. But this sound was something I have never heard before.
I drove home pretty usual, topping out at max 4k RPMs (engine was on operating temperature).
Then I didn't drive it for a day and today on my way to work I noticed the sound as soon as I started the car.
I am going to check the car with my mechanic on friday but I am just curious to see if anyone could have an idea on what it could be.
I am including video from inside the car and from the engine bay
Few of my friend told me these are the injectors ticking. But I can tell you for sure that if I am standing by the car and listing to it, I hear a completely different sound on top of the injectors ticking.

Thanks everyone for any ideas!
Appreciate 0