E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Rear Window Issue Avoided - Temporary Fix

01-18-2023, 09:31 PM   #1
apascutia
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 330xi MT

Rear Window Issue Avoided - Temporary Fix

Hi all,

Hope all is well! Just had my first E90 window regulator/motor snafu today

I unintentionally opened my right rear window today. I heard a loud pop, but it went down on its own. When I pulled on the switch to get it to come back up, it wouldn't go. It would go up a little bit, but then drop down. I was already picturing myself taking apart the door this weekend to fix it.

I drove a little bit, and stopped in a parking lot to try again to raise it before getting onto highway. I went to the door, and tried to raise it from that window switch. Same issue. However, I then tried to pull the switch just once (not express function). It went up a little bit, but this time it stopped instead of dropping back down. I tried it again, and it went all the way up on its own. I was so happy. I immediately turned the child lock on, and I'll deal with the eventual future issue when the weather warms up. Until then, no more rear window use Seems like the motor is very weak.

Otherwise, car has been good. Changed the oil back in May at around 90k miles. Sitting now at 95,500.

Happy Motoring!!
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2023, 10:42 PM   #2
Serf27
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i

When the cable snaps, sometimes you can still get some movement out of the window, which is what most likely happened.
99% sure its the regulator that needs to be replaced.
Hopefully it doesn’t drop down over night.
Appreciate 1