bimmerpost/
BMW M2 and 2-Series Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BMW 2 Series Technical Topics (G42) App, Nav, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

12-19-2022, 06:42 PM   #1
WingzM
Rep
Drives: BMW M240I

IDrive8 Welcome page

I've installed the "My BMW' app on my Android and also synced my account with the IDrive app.

When I hop into the car, I can see (usually) my phone on the mobile devices screen. However, the Welcome! Select your BMW ID: Always defaults to the "Continue as guest" instead of my active BMW ID which "is" displayed with my account name

When I select my account by touching my account, I am taken to enter my 4 digit BMW ID pin to complete before it fully syncs.

Shouldn't the system recognize my account automatically and not require my inputting the 4 digit number each time?

I can't seem to determine what the issue is.

Any thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2022, 07:08 PM   #2
H00CH90
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240XI

Did you assign your account to a specific key? If not, it will only know to sign into your account when you manually select it to.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2022, 11:36 PM   #3
WingzM
Rep

My keys are tied to my BMW cloud account and I am the only user, so I believe they are. How can I confirm if this is the case?
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2022, 12:39 PM   #4
Ajax30za
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw M240i

Yup, I have exactly the same issue as you. I have tried getting into the car with the physical key, just my iPhone digital key and also just the key card, but all of them make me sign in with the default set at guest..

I am going to take a drive to the dealership in a few days if I can’t figure this out..
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2022, 05:47 PM   #5
WingzM
Rep

I figured out what I was doing wrong; I have both key fobs with me and the system could not tell which to use. I also reset my key and it appears to be working.....

I found this helpful

Learn How To link your Vehicle Key to Your BMW ID in BMW Operating System 8.
Appreciate 0