E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Help using INPA to clear NOX code

11-24-2022, 02:56 PM   #1
stefzy
Rep
Drives: E92 320i

Help using INPA to clear NOX code

I drive an E92 320i which has the N43 engine.

I have a check engine light and the scan comes up with the 30EA code which apparently means that I have a Sulpharised CAT.

There was a really helpful yt video that goes through how to use INPA to run a forced de-sulpharisation program to kick the chemicals out of the CAT:

At 1:09, he goes to then enter the desulfation (german) menu with shift f3. When I attempt to get to this menu, it physically is not there. I've tried so many times, changed com ports, restarted the computer, etc. I've been able to see other live data but I cannot access this menu, and it is crucial I do to fix this issue. Has anyone got any ideas about this?

P.s. sorry if there is a thread on this somewhere that I am unaware of, couldn't find anything on this.

Thanks for your help!
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2022, 05:25 PM   #2
gbalthrop
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefzy View Post
... E92 320i N43 engine... At 1:09, he goes to then enter the desulfation (german) menu with shift+f3. When I attempt to get to
this menu, it physically is not there... [Which Function Keys have content per Task Bar when you press "Shift" key?]
We need ScreenPrints of what you are seeing on YOUR Laptop to be able to help. My SWAG on what you've submitted so far -- either:
1) You have NOT selected MSD80 for N43 (and N53/N54) as the DME, OR
2) Your version of INPA does NOT have the same SG file as the version used in video. I have TWO versions of INPA:
a) BimmerGeeks version does NOT have "Shft+F3" capability; b) Mike's (I think -- it's been 5 years?) has screens per attached ScreenPrints.

Googling "mike's inpa download" yields this link:
https://www.bimmerfest.com/threads/m...ackage.879366/
https://www.google.com/search?q=mike...hrome&ie=UTF-8

If you will indicate WHERE you downloaded BMW Standard Tools/INPA (exact site), AND attach ScreenPrints similar to those attached,
we can suggest HOW to get "Desulfation" functionality. I personally have NO experience with that, as I have an N52KP 328xi.

The LAST attached ScreenPrint shows an error message, as I was NOT connected to an MSD80 DME (or ANY vehicle ;-) when
I pressed the Function Key that requires MSD80 Connection to complete.
George
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-06-2022, 04:42 PM   #3
stefzy
Rep
Drives: E92 320i

Hi! Thanks for your initial reply, sorry for not initially posting screenshots!

Following your advice I downloaded Mikes tools and used that INPA version, but I still wasn't able to access the correct area needed for the desulferisation. Please see attached below. I know you said this isn't your area of expertise but was wondering if you or anyone else can tell me why the menu isn't coming up at all on this version.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0