E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Which rims to put on 2006 325i??? Are these quality rims??

04-20-2022, 11:26 PM   #1
Kadir2492
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Which rims to put on 2006 325i??? Are these quality rims??

Ive been wanting to update the rims/wheels on my 2006 325i for a while but unfortunately I am on a really tight budget so I never get around to it. Finally decided to let me just see what I can do with the money I have and I found a few options locally here in Orlando. The 1st option that I am mostly considering is the rim with the purple outline on it. Thats from a local place that has a great reputation with fixing up rims. They are offering all 4 of those along with the new 18in tires that go with it at a great price. They will of coarse get rid of the purple and all that if I decide to do it. Those rims are used but they swear they are high quality. I would really appreciate opinions from people who know about rims to let me know what they think. I included pics of other rims from another place and would like to know what you think is better, the rims with the purple or one of the ones from the other place. The ones from the other place are about the same price but they are brand new. I was under the impression that even though the ones with the purple outline are used they may ultimately look nicer and at a glance they seem to be higher quality. I honestly dont know anything about rims however which is why I really need opinions from you guys!! The car in the pics is mine.

Please help me figure out which are the best to choose based on quality and which will make my car look nicest! Thanks in advance.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-21-2022, 12:26 AM   #2
Silnismo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i

I wouldn’t get any of those personally, if your on a budget there are plenty of OEM BMW wheels you can choose from that are way better looking, lighter in some cases with OEM quality. Style 162s 18 inch wheels go for 400 a set easy if you are on a budget.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2022, 12:44 AM   #3
Serf27
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i

None.
The all silver ones look ok if you’re dead set on getting some.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2022, 12:48 AM   #4
Kadir2492
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Would any year fit? On Facebook marketplace I see a set of 4 18in 2015 BMW tires with the rims and everything for $700. Not sure what style # they are. Currently I have 16in and those are 18in can I just pop them on? The ones I posted about are 18in as well but the guys at the shop made it sound like not all 18in would fit only some
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2022, 08:34 AM   #5
TyroneShoelaces
Captain
Rep
Drives: E91 N54 swapped

Most all are going to fit. If you google the Style ### of the wheels there are multiple sites that will detail the wheel specs. Something usually 8-9" wide ET 35 is an easy fit for our cars. Once you get into ET 20's or ET40's does it start getting funky. Usually there are a lot of 18" 335 takeoffs that are in the $600 range with tires.

Like this: http://www.bmwstylewheels.com/bmw/193
Appreciate 1
Mike K322.00
      04-21-2022, 09:36 AM   #6
Captain Buumer
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 325D

I swapped back to OEM ones because aftermarket ones keep getting bent due to harsh roads in eastern europe.

So i suggest any OEM just because it's somewhat a guarantee that they will last.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2022, 09:50 AM   #7
Eriksson3_3
Private
Rep
Drives: 08 335i coupe 6at

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadir2492 View Post
Ive been wanting to update the rims/wheels on my 2006 325i for a while but unfortunately I am on a really tight budget so I never get around to it. Finally decided to let me just see what I can do with the money I have and I found a few options locally here in Orlando. The 1st option that I am mostly considering is the rim with the purple outline on it. Thats from a local place that has a great reputation with fixing up rims. They are offering all 4 of those along with the new 18in tires that go with it at a great price. They will of coarse get rid of the purple and all that if I decide to do it. Those rims are used but they swear they are high quality. I would really appreciate opinions from people who know about rims to let me know what they think. I included pics of other rims from another place and would like to know what you think is better, the rims with the purple or one of the ones from the other place. The ones from the other place are about the same price but they are brand new. I was under the impression that even though the ones with the purple outline are used they may ultimately look nicer and at a glance they seem to be higher quality. I honestly dont know anything about rims however which is why I really need opinions from you guys!! The car in the pics is mine.

Please help me figure out which are the best to choose based on quality and which will make my car look nicest! Thanks in advance.
Get E92 M3 competition replicas, or any other higher end 3 series replica. As long as it's 5x120 it will probably fit. Don't buy genuine as it's more then twice the price of a replica which is a bit heavier but who cares? It's not worth it on a non M car. In my opinion style 225M are one of the best.
Appreciate 0