BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-01-2021, 07:41 AM   #1
AdamG05X5
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05 MSport

Just ordered my iX3

Just ordered my iX3 LCI M Sport Pro. Dealer said delivery is looking early next year, I'll probably end up waiting until March 2022 for the new registration plate if that's the case anyway.

Ended up choosing Carbon Black with Oyster interior. Every option appears ticked apart from the tow hitch which we added for our bike carrier.

I just traded in my 2020 G05 X5. The low running costs for electric really appeals to me and they drive amazingly.

We cross shopped the iX3 with Mode 3, Mustang Mach E and Audi Q4 Etron. Believe it or not they all came out about the same on finance prices. The BMW has a MUCH higher spec for the same price, and I feel drove nicer with a nice high driving position which my fiancée likes.
Appreciate 1
JustChris17489.00
      09-05-2021, 10:50 AM   #2
huggy509
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40d

that is definitely the model to go for

I had one for 2-3 hours yesterday and it was a great car, I especially loved the recuperation one foot driving in town where letting off gas was like applying brakes and it was easy to get used to for slowing down to a stop when necessary or just moderating speed

But I love my M40d and didn’t see a real reason to change just yet, as well as I wish BMW wouldn’t just make them in China

Enjoy, hope you love it as I’m sure you will, it is definitely best EV of its type at decent price

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamG05X5 View Post
Just ordered my iX3 LCI M Sport Pro. Dealer said delivery is looking early next year, I'll probably end up waiting until March 2022 for the new registration plate if that's the case anyway.

Ended up choosing Carbon Black with Oyster interior. Every option appears ticked apart from the tow hitch which we added for our bike carrier.

I just traded in my 2020 G05 X5. The low running costs for electric really appeals to me and they drive amazingly.

We cross shopped the iX3 with Mode 3, Mustang Mach E and Audi Q4 Etron. Believe it or not they all came out about the same on finance prices. The BMW has a MUCH higher spec for the same price, and I feel drove nicer with a nice high driving position which my fiancée likes.
Appreciate 1
      09-11-2021, 11:03 PM   #3
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 225xe / iX3 Premier Pro

Mines the same! Hopefully be here end of the month... Only thing not ticked was the tow bar, but never tow anything so that's all good, only ever carry one bike, so seats down and bung it in
Appreciate 1
      09-12-2021, 11:56 AM   #4
DenverSteve
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW

Congratulations. The wait will be worth it.
Appreciate 1
      09-13-2021, 07:10 PM   #5
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Looks like mine has just fell through, the car I had has been taken already (marked twice), so dealer is trying to find me another one, perhaps one that's marked as a demonstrator but not in use yet.

We shall see
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2021, 02:55 AM   #6
AdamG05X5
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ape View Post
Looks like mine has just fell through, the car I had has been taken already (marked twice), so dealer is trying to find me another one, perhaps one that's marked as a demonstrator but not in use yet.

We shall see
That's annoying! Best of luck finding another!… although nothing has been said yet reference my order, I feel that even March 2022 is optimistic for delivery listening to everyone's stories and their delays
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2021, 07:33 AM   #7
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Yeah that's what I was thinking, was just going by the dealer. Worst part? I actually like the Premier pro over the m sport pro, not a huge fan of the new bumpers etc.

There are a couple of premier editions on carwow, just I don't want that, I deffo want lumbar and HUD at least.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2021, 04:46 AM   #8
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Dealer has managed to get me one, coming November, so little bit of a wait, but hey at least all sorted, and not too far away.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2021, 02:37 PM   #9
AdamG05X5
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Dealer has managed to get me one, coming November, so little bit of a wait, but hey at least all sorted, and not too far away.
Good news mate bet you can't wait now
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2021, 03:02 PM   #10
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Damn right, as wasn't looking forward to having to order an Msport one, as prefer the styling of the Premier pro.

So just counting down the days now 😊
Appreciate 1
      09-17-2021, 11:35 AM   #11
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Congrats Adam. Its on my radar but the range for me is a question. Obviously you'll have looking into Ionity charging etc for road trips.
      09-17-2021, 03:06 PM   #12
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

The bmw card that comes with covers most of the charging sites, not sure if there's any discounts etc, but hey, will see when mine arrives
Appreciate 1
      09-18-2021, 12:45 AM   #13
gray1x
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Have a look at the octopus electric juice card too
Appreciate 1
      09-18-2021, 04:10 AM   #14
iX3 rijder
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BWW iX3

Quote:
The bmw card that comes with covers most of the charging sites, not sure if there's any discounts etc, but hey, will see when mine arrives
For us in Holland it comes with a 1 year “Ionity charging” offer. This means no connection fee and reduced unit price. Definitely worth it if you are a huge user of Ionity chargers. In Holland only a limited number of them available. For me the free year will be nice but not worth continuing as I charge 90% at home with added solar power. No offer can beat that. Maybe start it again when a long holiday in Europe is on the table. They are reliable and strategically located that is their advantage.

The BMW Charging card is useful, but not always best economical value. I use Shell Recharge/NewMotion more often as this comes out cheaper. Definitely at their HPCs.
There is a whole world to be discovered behind the charging passes/apps. Even “no-pay” charging can be a sport, like with supermarkets as Aldi/Lidl and E. Leclerc (in France).
Appreciate 1
      09-18-2021, 04:22 AM   #15
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Yeah in the UK it's Ionity offer on the iX3, so will have to see.
Appreciate 1
      09-29-2021, 01:33 PM   #16
AdamG05X5
United Kingdom
Rep

Update from dealer

Had a call from my dealer this afternoon, they state that BMW are only allocating 7 vehicles to their dealership all of which have preselected interior/exterior combinations, and none of them are carbon black with oyster interior.

The salesman was just as confused as I was that BMW are not allowing customers to select their own colour combinations or options. Most of the 'options' are standard anyway but for the price I would expect to have exactly what I want. I have owned multiple BMW's and never had an issue before.

I now have a carbon black with black interior and towing package. It's not a massive issue (more of a first world problem) but not great from BMW none the less.

The dealership have already given me a good discount, they're going to throw in some of their insurance products and a boot liner as a slight compensation.

Interested to see if anyone else has had this issue ?
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2021, 06:19 AM   #17
bilbabon
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: ix3

I just received information, that my iX3 order had removed 360 camera and only basic Hi Fi is available
Appreciate 2
      09-30-2021, 06:48 AM   #18
ATCO41
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: F11, F40, iX3 (ordered)

That would be a reason for me to cancell the order. Which country and version?
Appreciate 2
      09-30-2021, 06:53 AM   #19
bilbabon
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: ix3

I orederd it in Poland, iX3 Impressive, all included. Now trying to contact dealer so he can sell me current model that is already available with all options. The problem is, the car is in another dealer so they need to solve it somehow.
I need that camera because I have small parking spot.
Appreciate 2
      09-30-2021, 09:18 AM   #20
ATCO41
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: F11, F40, iX3 (ordered)

Keeping my fingers crosse. Ordered my impressive beginning of september but still waiting for delivery estimate.
Appreciate 1
      10-06-2021, 07:32 AM   #21
GoingElectric
Rep
Drives: iX3 M Sport Pro (on order)

Hi everyone!

I placed an order for an iX3 M Sport Pro last week. I was tipped off by my current leasing broker that orders for new cars are on extraordinarily long leads times, so although my current car lease isn't due to come to an end until May 2022, I should consider placing an order now.

I'm going to lease again but this time directly with BMW. The quotation form lists 15/03/2022 as the estimated delivery, but I'm thinking it might be longer. I've got a 6-7 week buffer until I need to change so I'm hoping it doesn't exceed that [fingers crossed].

My biggest concern right now is features being dropped from the standard spec owing to the semi-conductor supply chain woes. My BMW dealer told me that Harmon Kardon and electric seat lumber support is being deleted from 3 series, X3 and X5 deliveries they've had recently. BMW UK are just refunding £400 as compensation. My dealer did check that the iX3 wasn't affected by spec deletion just prior to me placing my deposit, but a lot can change between now and next May. Seems bilbabon has been impacted with their Polish order already.

Has anyone in the UK been affected with spec deletion?
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2021, 09:58 AM   #22
t41l589
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 Premier Edition Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingElectric View Post
Hi everyone!

I placed an order for an iX3 M Sport Pro last week. I was tipped off by my current leasing broker that orders for new cars are on extraordinarily long leads times, so although my current car lease isn't due to come to an end until May 2022, I should consider placing an order now.

I'm going to lease again but this time directly with BMW. The quotation form lists 15/03/2022 as the estimated delivery, but I'm thinking it might be longer. I've got a 6-7 week buffer until I need to change so I'm hoping it doesn't exceed that [fingers crossed].

My biggest concern right now is features being dropped from the standard spec owing to the semi-conductor supply chain woes. My BMW dealer told me that Harmon Kardon and electric seat lumber support is being deleted from 3 series, X3 and X5 deliveries they've had recently. BMW UK are just refunding £400 as compensation. My dealer did check that the iX3 wasn't affected by spec deletion just prior to me placing my deposit, but a lot can change between now and next May. Seems bilbabon has been impacted with their Polish order already.

Has anyone in the UK been affected with spec deletion?
Ordered my Pro Edition back in Early May and still waiting for delivery - looks like it might be into November now so 6 months or so. When I ordered mine the only thing that was removed was the Passenger Lumbar Support which I can live with (didn't give me any compensation though...). I know some have lost things like H&K audio which would be a deal breaker for me tbh.
Appreciate 1