E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Cobb AP installed on non US car with old tune throws DMTL 2a13 2a18 error

11-23-2017, 02:25 AM   #1
dubversion
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Touring

Cobb AP installed on non US car with old tune throws DMTL 2a13 2a18 error

All,

I'm looking to disable the DMTL codes with INPA or some other tool. Typical codes are 2A13 and 2A18. A European vehicle does not have a DMTL.

When Cobb installs, it can detect an old tune on a car. I will first write the US version of the factory ROM, which assumes a DMTL present. In Europe, this is NOT the case, but we're not stuck with DMTL related codes, which light up the yellow CEL. Annoying to say the least. After writing this factory ROM it continues to update to the chosen staged tune.

One way to resolve the issue is to unmarry Cobb and use e.g. WinKFP to flash the correct (European) ROM to the car, and reinstall Cobb. However, to get the correct WinKFP version, get it to work and trusting it all enough to rewrite ROM to your car is not my favorite thing.

So isn't there an easier solution, using INPA or something, where one can disable the codes and/or disable DMTL signals ?

Any feedback is welcome,

Kind regards,
dub
Appreciate 0