E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Just ordered a new chariot.....

03-30-2008, 03:11 PM   #1
stephen3rd
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d Edition MSport

Just ordered a new chariot.....

Hi folks,

I have just registered after lurking for a while to gather info for my latest purchase. Thanks for the info!!

Out going car is a Sydney Blue 120d SE with Sports Seats, Pro Nav and Bluetooth and has been fantastic.

Incoming is a 320d Edition MSport in Titanium Silver.

The new Edition models are a great deal especially on the 3 as it includes metallic paint, leather, business navigation, bluetooth and the 18 inch rims from the 320si all for £1000.

I wanted to upgrade the Nav to Pro, add USB interface and the Auto headlights and wipers and the exact spec was already built and waiting at the distribution centre. The one extra i didnt spec is heated seats which cant be removed.

For those of you interested in the finance side, i went to one dealer and got what was claimed to be their best deal.

I then headed to another dealer and told them which car in the BMW system i wanted and asked for there best deal. I was upfront with them right from the start and said that i wanted to compare them against another dealer.

The car had a list price of £30305

The first dealer offered 8% discount and reduced the APR on the PCP (BMW Select) from 9.5% to 5.15% which i thought was a great deal. The final payment was set at £13219 as we put in 6000 miles per year (Mileage only comes into play if you run the term on the deal which i wont do)

Second dealer gave a better part exchange for my 1 (by a couple of hundred £'s) 10% discount and an APR of 4.8%

I know that tomorrow is the last day of the quarter but i didnt need to haggle for the second dealers offer which beat the first dealer by almost £40 per month!!

On that note i gave the salesman my £100 deposit and i should get the car within 2 weeks.

I traded in my 318i MSport to get my 1 because it was slow and had no spec, but now with the improved 2 litre diesel and the toys i am used to almost being thrown in for free it seemed too good to pass up.

On an unrelated note the dealer had an M3 Saloon in the showroom, what a car it looks stunning!! The salesman wasnt having it when i asked if i could move my new finance deal to it....

Thanks again.

Stephen
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 03:38 PM   #2
AlanQS
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Jaguar XE P250 HSE

Garage List
It wasn't a black one by any chance? DP in Glasgow?
Mine was a 320d SE and cost more than that and, overall didn't have as many toys as yours - and despite me proving that BMW finance interest rate on PCP was ridiculous (10.1% in December) they wouldn't budge so I bought it instead.
P.S. There is a U.K. sub-forum which might generate more interest for you. The American guys don't have 320d models and therefore don't benefit from 50 miles to the gallon.

But all they get are 328 and 335i models which cost less than yours or mine did, £2.50 per gallon - so actually they ain't suffering very much at all!!
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 03:48 PM   #3
stephen3rd
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d Edition MSport

Alan,

The car is allocated to a dealer in Bedford but hasnt been delivered yet.

I think i got lucky as tomorrow in the last day of the quarter which will include the sales from the 08 plate coming out.
Appreciate 0