XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

10-26-2015, 10:26 AM   #67
UglyBuzzard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 / M5

Dumb question - how does this affect warranty? Logic says voids it. Any insight appreciated. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2015, 10:28 AM   #68
Omar@VelosDesignwerks
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Different Ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyBuzzard View Post
Dumb question - how does this affect warranty? Logic says voids it. Any insight appreciated. Thanks.
Not a dumb question. As an enthusiasts , software alone assuming a read, edit, and write process should not have any affect on software. With our software the version is never changed so it allows dealers to perform updates as needed (not necessarily so relevant now because these cars are out of productions meaning there are not many updates) but the dealer will still program a car to the most recent version which can still be done meaning no red flags. With 'piggy backs' or modules just use your discretion but for the most part we do not hear any of our clients running into any headaches at the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2015, 04:03 PM   #69
UglyBuzzard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 / M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar@VelosDesignwerks
Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyBuzzard View Post
Not a dumb question. As an enthusiasts , software alone assuming a read, edit, and write process should not have any affect on software. With our software the version is never changed so it allows dealers to perform updates as needed (not necessarily so relevant now because these cars are out of productions meaning there are not many updates) but the dealer will still program a car to the most recent version which can still be done meaning no red flags. With 'piggy backs' or modules just use your discretion but for the most part we do not hear any of our clients running into any headaches at the dealer.
Thanks. So this is all software based and no device mod to car?

What type of HP increase would one expect to a 5.0?
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2016, 07:30 PM   #70
El Wray
Private
Rep
Drives: AW X6M

Bumpage. Thinking about Stage 2, although seems as though downpipes are hard to come by. Anyone look into DP's much?

Some of the sites 404, but looking at ActiveAutowerke they seem to have DP's listed on the site, where as Velos and VF seem to tune for DP's..
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2018, 11:52 PM   #71
saxonb
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: E70 X5M Carbonschwarz

Anyone tried BPM Sport for their X5M? http://www.bpmsport.com/bpm-tune-e7x-m.html

Performance Engine Software - BMW E7x X5M/X6M - 2010-2014
Home / Performance Engine Software - BMW E7x X5M/X6M - 2010-2014
$1,195.00
BPM Sport was created to provide the best ECU coding, tuning and performance engineering for the European car market. Our combined expertise ranging from IT engineering, market analysis, to race- proven cockpit experience, fuels our passion for cars. Our goal is to help envision, create and tune the best aftermarket vehicles for our clientele.

We offer two stages of Performance Software:
Stage I is designed for lightly modified or stock vehicles without changes to the primary cats.
Stage II is tailored to vehicles that have changes to the primary cats - such as high flow cats, test pipe/catless, downpipes, etc..

Both stages include our standard changes:
• Part throttle ignition and full throttle ignition optimization for your octane
• Part fueling and full throttle fueling optimizations
• Optimization of torque management parameters
• Optimization of Boost and Wastegate Control

Performance gains:
+60 HP and +130 lb-ft Torque (Dyno tested)

Ships with:
• Tuning cable
• USB to Mini-USB Cable
• Installation Guide
• Engine Software Download Links

Every tune includes:
• Tuning cable (Just read out your ECU upload your file and we'll modify it with your options)
• Reprogrammed torque management parameters
• Reprogrammed Vanos control for maximum drivability
• Smoother engine operation
• Tuning software download link
• Installation Guide
• A custom tailored tune with the following below:

Drives: 2010 E70 X5M Carbonschwarz
Loved and lost: 07 E92 M3 Silverstone II / 96 E36 M3 Evo Estoril Blue / 07 E84 Z4 M Coupe Interlagos Blue
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2018, 05:38 AM   #72
cncmastr
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 ZCP, F85, E70, G07

Garage List
2018 X5 M  [0.00]
2020 M2 CS  [0.00]
2005 BMW X5 4.8is  [0.00]
2006 BMW M3  [0.00]
Can you install downpipes first without a tune, and then tune later? It's a logistics operations question.
      09-03-2018, 09:35 AM   #73
greddy91
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncmastr View Post
Can you install downpipes first without a tune, and then tune later? It's a logistics operations question.
You can... without a tune though you consistently get the rear O2 sensor code triggered. (Unless you fool with the sensor w/ plug defouler, or cap it and wire in the appropriate resistor to keep the output within spec.)
Appreciate 1
TTV8M113.50
      09-05-2018, 05:17 AM   #74
saxonb
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: E70 X5M Carbonschwarz

Just did the tune. Goes fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonb View Post
Anyone tried BPM Sport for their X5M? http://www.bpmsport.com/bpm-tune-e7x-m.html

$1,195.00
BPM Sport was created to provide the best ECU coding, tuning and performance engineering for the European car market. Our combined expertise ranging from IT engineering, market analysis, to race- proven cockpit experience, fuels our passion for cars. Our goal is to help envision, create and tune the best aftermarket vehicles for our clientele.

Stage I is designed for lightly modified or stock vehicles without changes to the primary cats.
Stage II is tailored to vehicles that have changes to the primary cats - such as high flow cats, test pipe/catless, downpipes, etc..

• Part throttle ignition and full throttle ignition optimization for your octane

Performance gains:

Ships with:
• Tuning cable
• USB to Mini-USB Cable
• Installation Guide

Every tune includes:
• Tuning cable (Just read out your ECU upload your file and we'll modify it with your options)
• Installation Guide

Drives: 2010 E70 X5M Carbonschwarz
Loved and lost: 07 E92 M3 Silverstone II / 96 E36 M3 Evo Estoril Blue / 07 E84 Z4 M Coupe Interlagos Blue
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2018, 03:37 AM   #75
0-60Motorsports
Brigadier General
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 JB 04 Coupe

I am still sticking to my buddy Alex and Alpine tuning. I need to have a bunch of coding done like updated combox (for music streaming) and LED lights etc. Im in the process in buying all the bits and pieces so I can do the coding with Alex and the Stage 1 tune in one go.
2011 VW Golf R DSG White/Black
IG: @060Motorsports
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 02:49 AM   #76
airbornesigs
Poland
Rep
Drives: 2013 E71 BMW X6M

Added Exhaust + Racechip GTS?? X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdrobc13 View Post
Agree. Got it for my car and is night and day. Added an Eisennman Race exhaust and it really sounds great! Best of all customer service from them was very good. Omar was great as others say.
Did you add your exhaust before the or after the tune? I was under the impression that the tuner needs to know about custom/modified exhaust or downpipes and adjust ECU tuning accordingly? I'm only asking because I have been looking at ECU tunes for my 2013 E71 X6M and also exhausts and replacement dp.

Also and in keeping with the thread subject has anyone ever installed the Racehip GTS Black? https://www.racechip.eu/chip-tuning/racechip-gts.html

They say they'll give me 99hp and 132nm after the addition of the device. The price is what is attracting me to be honest, $580 for the device for 99hp to me sounds amazing. The device is pre tuned to my E71 X6M model.

What do you guys think?
Appreciate 1
TTV8M113.50
      01-11-2019, 12:46 PM   #77
greddy91
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbornesigs View Post
Did you add your exhaust before the or after the tune? I was under the impression that the tuner needs to know about custom/modified exhaust or downpipes and adjust ECU tuning accordingly? I'm only asking because I have been looking at ECU tunes for my 2013 E71 X6M and also exhausts and replacement dp.

Also and in keeping with the thread subject has anyone ever installed the Racehip GTS Black? https://www.racechip.eu/chip-tuning/racechip-gts.html

They say they'll give me 99hp and 132nm after the addition of the device. The price is what is attracting me to be honest, $580 for the device for 99hp to me sounds amazing. The device is pre tuned to my E71 X6M model.

What do you guys think?
Sounds much more realistic/reasonable than other offerings available. I'm coming from HPTuners where the hardware is $500 and each additional car you add is like $50. I've got like $175 in each of our cars tunes so far.

Dropping $1000 for a locked, untweakable tune continues to grind on my gears.

Please let us know how it works out and also if you find any dyno confirmed increases anywhere.

Thanks and good luck!
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2019, 05:48 PM   #78
Lunker325
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5M / 991.2 C4S

A little late to the party on this reply, but I have this tune on my X5M and enjoy it. Really woke up the truck and absolutely zero issues in the 6 months I’ve had it installed. Price is very good compared to others as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonb View Post

$1,195.00

Performance gains:

Ships with:
• Tuning cable
• USB to Mini-USB Cable
• Installation Guide

Every tune includes:
• Installation Guide
      01-12-2019, 01:54 AM   #79
0-60Motorsports
Brigadier General
Bahrain
Rep

Just ordered a Gintani Stage 2 tune for a friends X6M with DPs and akrapovic and BMC filters. Will post back on how it is after I receive the cable and tune the car.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2019, 08:10 PM   #80
spadesnortheast
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 e70 X5M

Just installed hex stage 2. Truck pulls good right through the curve. I highly doubt the numbers they claim are close to accurate but no issues thus far.
Dp's
Drop in b&m's
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2019, 08:48 PM   #81
Dawgz
2022 M4 Comp Xdrive
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 Comp Xdrive

Why is Velos twice as much as the others with comparable numbers tho?
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 11:45 AM   #82
GSTAR1296
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

I tried to write to BPM but no answer. Anyone knows of they're on the forum?
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 04:56 PM   #83
Jax_415
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by greddy91 View Post
You can... without a tune though you consistently get the rear O2 sensor code triggered. (Unless you fool with the sensor w/ plug defouler, or cap it and wire in the appropriate resistor to keep the output within spec.)
Hey bro
I’m trying to look for the right resistor. Do you happen to know where I can find the correct one from? Thank you
Appreciate 1
TTV8M113.50
      08-31-2019, 09:49 AM   #84
Lunker325
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5M / 991.2 C4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSTAR1296 View Post
I tried to write to BPM but no answer. Anyone knows of they're on the forum?
Try giving them a call, Mike often answers himself. Beware though, you’ll end up buying the tune! Great guy, super knowledgeable. I’m still loving my BPM tune, still zero issues to date.
      08-31-2019, 11:41 AM   #85
SgtFreako
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M

I'm looking into the Active Autowerks tune for my E70 X5M, so I went to local drag strip to get a few runs in and got a best of 14.41 @97mph, I did a lot of research and know this SUV is capable of low 12 second runs at 112 to 116 mph stock, before I get this tune is there something wrong with my X5M, it's completely stock I just have K&N air filters installed and only run 94 octane at pump gas station, there is no engine light on and vehicle status shows everything good. At the drag strip I was in M mode and was using paddle shifters and changed at 6500rpm, traction control was off, only thing I didn't do was use launch control.
Appreciate 1
TTV8M113.50
      09-30-2019, 08:09 AM   #86
0-60Motorsports
Brigadier General
Bahrain
Rep

So in the end i ended up getting the TTFS tune, Frank sent me my tune file a week or so ago but i just havent had the time to go to the shop and hook the car up to a professional battery charger. I prefer reading and writing tunes to my cars while they are on a 14v charge....

Update: Loving the TTFS Stage 1 tune. This is exactly what the E70 X5M needed to make it feel normal to drive in heavy traffic and even on the highway. Before i felt there was a lot of power left on the table and with a claimed 80BHp gain from this tune you can feel it.

Last edited by 0-60Motorsports; 02-26-2020 at 04:52 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2019, 10:34 AM   #87
Colodano
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtFreako View Post
I'm looking into the Active Autowerks tune for my E70 X5M, so I went to local drag strip to get a few runs in and got a best of 14.41 @97mph, I did a lot of research and know this SUV is capable of low 12 second runs at 112 to 116 mph stock, before I get this tune is there something wrong with my X5M, it's completely stock I just have K&N air filters installed and only run 94 octane at pump gas station, there is no engine light on and vehicle status shows everything good. At the drag strip I was in M mode and was using paddle shifters and changed at 6500rpm, traction control was off, only thing I didn't do was use launch control.
What is your altitude there? As much as turbos allow you to make power much better than an N/A vehicle at altitude, the output is still affected. My local strip is one of the highest out there, and is generally plagued with even worse DA due to heat and humidity. Due to this, before my tune I was running high 13 sec times, and brand new F85 models with full exhaust and tunes were running in the low 12 sec range. After tune, and getting really consistent on my launch, I was able to run 13.2 all day, which using the NHRA correction factors, equate to like a 12.6 - 12.7 at sea level.
That all said, 14.4 sounds a bit off. I would suggest just letting the car shift, as the BMW engineers know what they are doing in regard to shift points, and work on the launch process, as you should be able to run a 1.7-2.0 60 foot time. If you are in that range, and still not breaking into at least 13s, I would do a health check on the motor i.e. compression and leakdown, and boost level check.
Appreciate 1
      03-03-2020, 10:09 AM   #88
owr3
O3
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5M

Garage List
2012 BMW X5M  [0.00]
Agreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunker325 View Post
A little late to the party on this reply, but I have this tune on my X5M and enjoy it. Really woke up the truck and absolutely zero issues in the 6 months I’ve had it installed. Price is very good compared to others as well.

Mike at BPM is the s*#t! I've had the e90 M3 tune from BPM and that was nuts, the X5M now drives like it should. BPM has the best all around tune IMO because it not only livens up the truck, but it's safe on it. You don't have to worry about blowing up your engine because the safeguards are still in place to prevent stupidity causing engine damage.
Appreciate 0