XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

02-09-2019, 04:56 PM   #1
pearlpower
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Which Torque Pro data do you display?

Curious what others are pulling. I did not find any BMW specific PID, there were a few on a Russian BMW site a while back. The 1/4 mile gauge is glitchy, at times does not display the 1/4 data.

Mine:

Did manage to pull a best (at 2345' up) of 3.8 to 60 and 12.6 @ 111.8mph in the 1/4 (S2+ tune)

Last edited by pearlpower; 02-10-2019 at 01:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2019, 07:51 PM   #2
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 50i

Nice! Ive got the upgrade screen in mine but having problems connecting to my OBII adapter (which works fine on my phones Bluetooth). What OBII adapter did you use?

As for 1/4mile and 0-60, the GPS is to low res to really give accurate results in my experience, maybe with newer phones in might be better but I just picked up a Draggy which has a 10hz GPS sensor in it and is crazy accurate, dead on with the drag strip, highly recommend it
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2019, 09:32 PM   #3
pearlpower
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophisticated Redneck View Post
Nice! Ive got the upgrade screen in mine but having problems connecting to my OBII adapter (which works fine on my phones Bluetooth). What OBII adapter did you use?

As for 1/4mile and 0-60, the GPS is to low res to really give accurate results in my experience, maybe with newer phones in might be better but I just picked up a Draggy which has a 10hz GPS sensor in it and is crazy accurate, dead on with the drag strip, highly recommend it
I am using the Vgate ELM327 wifi adapter as the Avin does not allow for a BT setup. I had to install Torque twice to get it to pickup the wifi adapter. I checked out Draggy, first saw it on Dragtimes. I might pick it up as I like the builtin overlay, unsure if it supports that on Android yet, didn’t before. I have a iPhone XR as a spare phone, guess I can use that...
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2019, 05:22 AM   #4
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearlpower View Post
I am using the Vgate ELM327 wifi adapter as the Avin does not allow for a BT setup. I had to install Torque twice to get it to pickup the wifi adapter. I checked out Draggy, first saw it on Dragtimes. I might pick it up as I like the builtin overlay, unsure if it supports that on Android yet, didn’t before. I have a iPhone XR as a spare phone, guess I can use that...
Ok cool, ty for the tip! Thought I was just going crazy on the by setup on it. Didn't even think about wifi... duh... To answer your first question, I am displaying boost and water temp. I'll add a few more once I have it setup on the larger display but like you without pids it's limited. I really wanted bank1 and bank2 boost, after-intercooler temp, oil temp, tranny temp. I have noticed with the live view on the foxwell 510 a large variance in bank to bank boost pressure and temp. I'm actually hooking up two old school Bosch boost gauges this weekend to monitor the bank to bank boost variance and adjust the turbos as needed. I also plan to thermal wrap the intercooler feed tube as the driver's side is running about 40 degrees warmer which makes sense as the feed tube wraps around the entire radiator which warms it up quite nicely, especially in the AZ summer. I have a jb4 I'm going to install after I get a second vehicle, just in case I nuke it, I paid extra for the bt adapter which is now useless with the avin....🙁

Last edited by Sophisticated Redneck; 02-10-2019 at 05:36 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2019, 01:30 PM   #5
pearlpower
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophisticated Redneck View Post
Ok cool, ty for the tip! Thought I was just going crazy on the by setup on it. Didn't even think about wifi... duh... To answer your first question, I am displaying boost and water temp. I'll add a few more once I have it setup on the larger display but like you without pids it's limited. I really wanted bank1 and bank2 boost, after-intercooler temp, oil temp, tranny temp. I have noticed with the live view on the foxwell 510 a large variance in bank to bank boost pressure and temp. I'm actually hooking up two old school Bosch boost gauges this weekend to monitor the bank to bank boost variance and adjust the turbos as needed. I also plan to thermal wrap the intercooler feed tube as the driver's side is running about 40 degrees warmer which makes sense as the feed tube wraps around the entire radiator which warms it up quite nicely, especially in the AZ summer. I have a jb4 I'm going to install after I get a second vehicle, just in case I nuke it, I paid extra for the bt adapter which is now useless with the avin....🙁

Heat soak is definitely impacting performance. I posted another run above in the original post indicating an improvement. I plan on wrapping my downpipes and get 2 turbo blankets. I am also going to order Dragy, it is only $150, and Torque is buggy, sometimes it works, sometimes it does what it wants, might be the laggy Avin unit. Look forward to your results.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2019, 12:40 AM   #6
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Wrapping the pipes makes a HUGE difference. I wrapped my manifolds too which was a bit of a challenge with the design. If you have an M then it might be easier with it's manifold design.
Attached Images

Last edited by Sophisticated Redneck; 02-11-2019 at 12:46 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2019, 09:36 AM   #7
omgboost
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 35i

Hot damn, best 0-60 did was 6.6 lol
Appreciate 0