XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

07-17-2021, 10:33 PM   #1
Techne
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 35i

Buying an E70 and today's used car market disruption

Hi there, this is my first post in the E70 world.

My family is growing and I am looking at selling my 2011 E90 335i xDrive (N55) and picking up an LCI 35i or 35d E70. I have loved the N55 in my sedan and at 70k miles the car is as solid as when I bought it 7 years ago at 20k. This quality has led me to look into an E70 given the similar vintage and same engine (in the case of the 35i).

So, I have been reading up on this side of Bimmerpost to get educated, but I have a question about values. As we are seeing the current used car market is kind of crazy and values are really high. I just sold a '99 Miata for almost 50% more than I paid 10 years ago (which was market at the time) and the guy who bought it said "Carvana gave me so much for my 2 yr. old Jeep I am spending it on this car." So there is your trickle down economics anecdote for the week.

My question is, have people been watching E70 values? Are they up? Should I wait for this to settle before I buy? I am in the market for something loaded (SAP, cold weather, 3rd row, at the least) under 80k miles and I am seeing high teens for those vehicles. I could sell the E90 at this peak and borrow a car until I find the right E70 3-6 months from now.

Would love to hear people's thoughts on this line of thinking. Hard to be patient on buying but I will if it makes sense.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2021, 10:47 PM   #2
Serf27
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i

I’ve been looking at them and they are rising just like everything else.
My e70 may possibly be forsale and fits almost all your criteria. Fully loaded but mileage is at 89k.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2021, 10:41 PM   #3
Techne
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serf27 View Post
I’ve been looking at them and they are rising just like everything else.
My e70 may possibly be forsale and fits almost all your criteria. Fully loaded but mileage is at 89k.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serf27 View Post
I've been looking at them and they are rising just like everything else.
Shoot me a PM if you are serious about selling.
Appreciate 0