XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Cosmetic Care & Detailing (PPF/Wash/Wax/Detailing/Restoration/Repairs)

02-11-2024, 09:55 AM   #45
TboneS54
YNWA
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 M3 6spd & 2011 M3 DCT

I use Wolfgang uber ceramic spray coating. For me. It's good for 6-9 months, but because of its quantity, I don't mind, and you can reapply every so often. I think cancoat is better for the same basic price.

I also agree about annual polishing. I'm almost at a year on my 3 year gyeon coating, and I'll want to polish the car (lightly) again before too long. But for $65, I don't mind at all, and I get a product that is better looking, more chemically resistant, better hydrophobic. I just use it for 12 months. Not 36.
chris7197339.50
      02-11-2024, 04:04 PM   #46
Ralph III
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 650i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TboneS54 View Post
I use Wolfgang uber ceramic spray coating. For me. It's good for 6-9 months, but because of its quantity, I don't mind, and you can reapply every so often. I think cancoat is better for the same basic price.

I also agree about annual polishing. I'm almost at a year on my 3 year gyeon coating, and I'll want to polish the car (lightly) again before too long. But for $65, I don't mind at all, and I get a product that is better looking, more chemically resistant, better hydrophobic. I just use it for 12 months. Not 36.
Thanks for those details Tbone and I'll have to check into Cancoat. In what way do you consider it better and why did you switch to Wolfgang if you feel Cancoat works better for you?

I just have a lot of experience with Wolfgang products, so I know what to expect from them. I also desire to use the same manufacturers products (ceramic/seal/sprays) because they'll be designed to work with each other. The Wolfgang Uber Ceramic is supposed to last up to one year but I'd be perfectly happy with nine months. I think one year would be attainable if using one of their other Si02 products to maintain it. How did you use it and how did/do you maintain it?

God Bless,
Ralph
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2024, 05:47 PM   #47
romero1990
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, F25 X3

Garage List
2017 X3  [0.00]
2009 M3  [0.00]
I heard technician's choice ceramic spray is popular among detailers (low cost)

has anyone used chemical guys hydroslick? I got a bottle from their mystery bucket
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2024, 08:39 PM   #48
spicyB48
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i

I like Sonax's ceramic spray coating. It is easy to apply, just spray it on and buff it out. It lasts about six months, makes the car nice and shiny, and makes cleaning so much easier.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2024, 05:28 PM   #49
TboneS54
YNWA
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph III View Post
Thanks for those details Tbone and I'll have to check into Cancoat. In what way do you consider it better and why did you switch to Wolfgang if you feel Cancoat works better for you?

I just have a lot of experience with Wolfgang products, so I know what to expect from them. I also desire to use the same manufacturers products (ceramic/seal/sprays) because they'll be designed to work with each other. The Wolfgang Uber Ceramic is supposed to last up to one year but I'd be perfectly happy with nine months. I think one year would be attainable if using one of their other Si02 products to maintain it. How did you use it and how did/do you maintain it?
Wolfgang is great, and I got the UberCeramicSprayCoating for $16.50 from autogeek duing 2022 BF, so no complaints from me, I just found I had to reapply it more often than 9-12 months, but again - no big deal. I haven't used CanCoat, but I read a direct comparison on autogeek forums and other posts about Cancoat that lead me to believe it's a bit stronger/more durable.

I absolutely love my Wolfgang uber sio2 waterless wash, it's incredible as a rinseless, waterless wash, detailer, clay lube, drying aid. $20 for 16oz that dilutes into like 3 gallons lol.
      02-12-2024, 06:29 PM   #50
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
I don't know much about the Wolfgang product but keep in mind Cancoat is really pretty much a bottled ceramic coating that happens to come in a pump spray bottle. You should apply it and treat it like it's a coating, not like a random spray sealant. You can leave high spots etc with Cancoat if you treat it like it's a random water based spray sealant.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2024, 09:24 AM   #51
TboneS54
YNWA
United_States
Rep

Yes, but that's exactly what the product were referring to is - uber ceramic spray coating. Strong solvent smell, quick flash, extreme hydrophobic and gloss, but just doesn't give me more than about 6 months.
chris7197339.50
      02-27-2024, 02:56 PM   #52
Neusser
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 G31 540i xDrive M-Sport

Quote:
Hello All,
Does anyone have any recommendations on a good spray wax or sealant? Something that is easy to work with, in other words, non-streaking! I'm a retired professional automotive detailer, btw.

I still apply a liquid wax (Meguiars) or sealant (Wolfgang) to our vehicles every few months or so. But I used to use Eagle One Wax-As-U-Dry or Eagle One Nano spray wax after every car wash. I absolutely loved those products but I can no longer locate them. So, does anyone have any recommendations other than 303 Protectant or Mothers Ceramic Detailer. I have some of those but I don't care for them. I'm looking for something for use after every car wash.

God Bless,
Ralph​
Not sure about availability in the US (other than international shipping), but this stuff is all the rage over here in Germany:

https://dr-wack.com/auto/aussen-und-...-end-spray-wax

Has ceramic-like properties and in practice seems to hold up for about 7-8 months (company claims 6).

Just wipe on and wipe off. Crazy shine, and glass-like finish.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2024, 10:21 PM   #53
xxpanipuri
Major
Rep
Drives: 550i

if you have a pressure washer and a foam cannon try car pro hydro2 foam.

you foam it on and then power wash it off 3-6 months of coverage.

Gyeon wet coat is awesome...however applying something like this with a foam cannon makes the job alot easier VS using a sprayer etc
Appreciate 1
icj_45e109.50