XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > X5 Vendors Classifieds

05-01-2017, 11:28 AM   #1
John@BPC
Rep
Drives: BMW M3, M4, M5

Talking X5D Diesel Tuning from BPC!

Hi guys,

We wanted to share our X5D tuning options with you. We have quite a few different stages of tuning available depending on how serious you want to get with your X5D Racecar.

Some people like to upgrade thier failed components with the deletes and turn their truck into an OFF ROAD USE only vehicle, in which we can help increase the power exponentially.

(Craziest HP output STAGE 4 shown)

Factory
236 WHP / 387 WTQ

STAGE 1
Our Stage 1 remote tune is designed for stock emission equip M57.
Factory speed limiters are removed
324 WHP / 500 WTQ
+88 WHP / +113 WTQ
frequently asked questions:

Q: Why go with BPC's stage 1 tune over any other tune.

A: We have countless hours tuning the BMW M57 on our dynojet 224x. We have also tested our tunes both on the street and race track to optimise performance and reliability of your vehicle.
Q: Will I see better gas mileage with this tune?
A: Yes, up to 2 - 3 MPG in part throttle driving. This is based off of our customers feedback.
Q: I want to install methanol injection systems on my BPC Stage 1 Tune, will it be compatible?
A: Yes, methanol injection systems are great for carbon cleaning, however, please make sure that it meets your state emissions laws before use.

STAGE 2:

Required Mods:
Upgraded Boost pipe.
DPF Removal
SCR Removal
EGR Removal

Description:
A few more pounds of boost, raised torque limiters, and we disable the emission equipment for competition off-road use ONLY.
+78 WHP / +90 WTQ (DPF & EGR DELETE, with SCR pump disabled)
Q: Why go with BPC's stage 2 tune over any other tune.
A: We have countless hours tuning the BMW M57 on our dynojet 224x. We have also tested our tunes both on the street and race track to optimism performance and reliability of your vehicle. We are currently making the most rear wheel horse power with our stage 2 and stage 2+ tunes than any other tuner on the market today.
Q: When removing the downpipe, what sensors need to be left in place in order for my stage 2 off road tune to work?
A: The only two sensors that should be in place are the wideband O2 sensor and the top EGT sensor right next to the O2 closest to the large turbo. If the downpipe you have purchased has more than two bungs, they must be plugged in order for it to work with our tune. Please contact the manufacturer or reseller on how to do so.
Q: Do I need to remove any fuses in order for my stage 2 off road tune to work correctly?
A: No, no fuses need to be removed in order for the car to run.
Q: Will this tune work if I still have the SCR filter / mixing chamber still in place?
A: Yes, this tune is designed to work with the filter still in place.
Q: I want to install methanol injection systems on my BPC Stage 2 off road Tune, will it be compatible?
A: No, this tune is not optimized for methanol injection, you will not see maximum performance. Please see our stage 3 off road tune for more information.

STAGE 2+

Required Mods:
Upgraded Boost pipe.
DPF Removal
SCR Removal
EGR Removal
SCR Filter Removal

Description:
A few more pounds of boost, raised torque limiters, increased fuel and we disable the emission equipment for competition off-road use ONLY.
+121 WHP / +175 WTQ (SCR, DPF, EGR DELETE) & Custom exhaust

Q: Why go with BPC's stage 2 tune over any other tune.
A: We have countless hours tuning the BMW M57 on our dynojet 224x. We have also tested our tunes both on the street and race track to optimism performance and reliability of your vehicle. We are currently making the most rear wheel horse power with our stage 2 and stage 2+ tunes than any other tuner on the market today.
Q: When removing the downpipe, what sensors need to be left in place in order for my stage 2 off road tune to work?
A: The only two sensors that should be in place are the wideband O2 sensor and the top EGT sensor right next to the O2 closest to the large turbo. If the downpipe you have purchased has more than two bungs, they must be plugged in order for it to work with our tune. Please contact the manufacturer or reseller on how to do so.
Q: Do I need to remove any fuses in order for my stage 2 off road tune to work correctly?
A: No, no fuses need to be removed in order for the car to run.
Q: Will this tune work if I still have the SCR filter / mixing chamber still in place?
A: No, this tune uses more fuel and soot can be an issue.
Q: I want to install methanol injection systems on my BPC Stage 2 off road Tune, will it be compatible?
A: No, this tune is not optimized for methanol injection, you will not see maximum performance. Please see our stage 3 off road tune for more information.

STAGE 3

Required Mods:
Upgraded Boost pipe.
DPF Removal
SCR Removal
EGR Removal
SCR Filter Removal
Upgraded Boost pipe
Upgraded Intercooler & Exhaust

Description:

This is for upgraded power adders like meth injection.
+151 WHP / 198 WTQ
NOT FOR USE ON PUBLIC ROADS - Competition Use Only

Q: Why do I need a BPC Stage 3 tune?A: Our Stage 3 tune was made for customers wanting the most out of there M57 with the stock turbos and running an aftermarket methanol system.
Q: Will this work if I am running hybrid turbos?A: No, this tune is designed for stock turbo use.
Q: Can this tune be ran with stock emissions equipment still in place?A: No, if this off road use tune is ran with the stock DPF still in place, it will cause it to over heat and may do damage to your engine.
Q: What is the best ratio of meth to water I should run with this tune.A: We recommend a 50/50 mix of methanol to distilled water
Q What nozzle (CC per minute) should I use with this system?A: We recommend sizes from 500cc/min to 1000cc/min for max performance
Q: When should I start injection?A: We recommend to start the injection process around 26 - 28psi and have it max out at 38psi.
Q: Should I have the nozzle in front of the charge intake air sensor?A: No, on a diesel, intake air temps do not control fuel injection timing. Fuel injection timing adjustments are controlled by fuel temperature.
Q: Where do I need to install the boost reference and nozzle?A: Both the nozzle and boost reference need to be installed post intercooler. The boost reference needs to be installed before the meth injection nozzle in order to keep any liquid from entering the boost line.
injection

STAGE 4

Required Mods:
Upgraded Boost pipe.
DPF Removal
SCR Removal
EGR Removal
SCR Filter Removal
Upgraded Boost pipe
Upgraded Intercooler & Exhaust
Hybrid turbos,
NOT FOR USE ON PUBLIC ROADS - Competition Use Only

Description:
+181 WHP / +247 WTQ

--------------------------------------------------------------

Check out the tuning options on our web store here with prices! :

https://bimmer-performance-center.my...35d-dme-tuning

-------------------------------------------------------------
Remote Tune Purchase Procedure & Time line

ATTENTION! In order for us to process this order, we need the following: Digitally sign this waiver: WAIVER

Please Write your order number on the box when shipping DME in to us. Remove your DDE / DME, carefully package it with adequate materials and address it to:
Bimmer Performance Center
3200 Spottswood St.
Suite 102 Raleigh NC 27615
Please let us know which fault codes are currently active in the DME / DDE unit before we begin our flashing procedure by typing them into the notes section of the order

Once we receive the DME / DDE, we will bench flash the unit and let you know once its complete and ready for shipment back.

SHIPPING: The return shipping is included in the price of the tune, but can be expedited to overnight if you call in and let us know. There will be an additional charge for overnight return shipping depending on your location.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2023, 10:06 PM   #2
135i_vs_
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5, 135i, 335d, F10 550xi

Hey BPC, are you guys still doing X5 Diesel Tuning? Noticed not on your site anymore?
Appreciate 0