XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

01-10-2023, 08:55 AM   #1
jay7074
Registered
Rep
Drives: E71

Help with few issues pls...

Hey folks
First time posting. So back story on my E71 X6M. I purchased this unit with an "Engine Malfunction" on the display. The dealer said he had it to 3 different mechanic's with 3 different answers( Timing chain, turbos, Vanos). I scanned it and got miss fire on 6&8 as well as cam "A" jumped tooth code.
I brought it home and dug into it. I replaced the timing chain, sprocket, tensioners ect.. I also went ahead and did the rod bearings. I filled with conventional oil for its first start to do a oil cleaning before I put in Liquid Moly. I made sure the insert was in oil filter housing as well. Vanos sel's have been cleaned and swapped around,coils and plugs swapped as well code doesn't move.
After first start I'm still getting miss fire and cam code. It states its a permeant code. I'm also hearing a cricket noise near turbos. clicking few couple seconds,(waste gate linkage??). I went to remove the HPFP on bank 2 and when I unplugged it the connector came right out of the pump. It was very brittle. I checked cam sensors by removing plugging in and watching voltages when putting a metal object to it. I also did same for 2 others to verify.
I'm really running out of options on this, Timing was set prior to butting things up.
I also have issue with drivers window block not working now. The unit sat for a few months with out a battery and after putting a new battery in and registering it ,no controls work. Worked no problem prior to parking. All windows function at there own location.

Thank you for reading and any help you may provide
Appreciate 0