XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

05-20-2021, 06:57 AM   #1
mariobgr
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 2011

Question Question about E71 X6 LED lights

Hey guys

I was initially looking to get X3 F25/X4 F26 mostly because of the LED headlights and the 8 speed transmission... until I found out that X6 F71 2013 LCI was loaded with these as well - and I can find it a lower price than the F-gen BMWs.

Considering that I'm a huge X6 fanboy, I got super excited super quick... although I could not find the answers to a couple of questions, but I think this community might have them!

First one - do these vehicles from 2013-2014 have the selective high beam assist? That's pretty much the reason I'm looking for a new car, I love driving on the highway at night and it will be very convenient... but if it only comes on later models (F-gen), I'll definitely have a second thought about getting the E71

Second one - anything that I should be looking out for when choosing my E71 X6? I'm looking for 30d or 40d, definitely not the X6M or M50d - seems too expensive to maintain, given that it's a 8-year-old car now
I've read about problems with swirl flaps, which I'll probably get removed.

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2021, 11:34 AM   #2
1er_vert
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4 3.0si; 2010 BMW X6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariobgr View Post
Hey guys

I was initially looking to get X3 F25/X4 F26 mostly because of the LED headlights and the 8 speed transmission... until I found out that X6 F71 2013 LCI was loaded with these as well - and I can find it a lower price than the F-gen BMWs.

Considering that I'm a huge X6 fanboy, I got super excited super quick... although I could not find the answers to a couple of questions, but I think this community might have them!

First one - do these vehicles from 2013-2014 have the selective high beam assist? That's pretty much the reason I'm looking for a new car, I love driving on the highway at night and it will be very convenient... but if it only comes on later models (F-gen), I'll definitely have a second thought about getting the E71

Second one - anything that I should be looking out for when choosing my E71 X6? I'm looking for 30d or 40d, definitely not the X6M or M50d - seems too expensive to maintain, given that it's a 8-year-old car now
I've read about problems with swirl flaps, which I'll probably get removed.

Thanks in advance!
The E71 has Adaptive High Beam assist. Simply push the turn signal stalk forward when lights are on. The forward light sensor detects incoming light and will toggle on/off the high beams.

Your second concern is purely subjective. I have the E71 X6M and I would not trade it for the world. It simply needs diligent maintenance and the operating costs is actually no worse than the 30d or 40d.... which I feel blows way too much soot anyways.
      10-09-2022, 10:08 PM   #3
denomo
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 2012 X6 50i

Garage List
2012 BMW X6 i50  [0.00]
I have a 2012 C6 50i. Great car. As long as the engine isn’t the same as the 2012. A mechanic gave me news at just over the cert pre owned warranty expired that the engines tend to fail. This is with a turbo and apparently the cylinders warp. That’s what he saw when he scoped it. BMW was going to make good should the engine be defective even though it was technically out of warranty. I was told the new Bosch spark plugs were describe and charge $2300 at a dealer working with the regional office.
For new plugs and service run down. Power was never the same so I’m guessing they tweaked (dumbed down) the software and no new problems except the pick up has never been the same. I was told that the mechanic heard of several other engines failing around 80,000 miles.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2022, 12:39 AM   #4
Alibmwx6
Rep
Drives: Bmw x6 e71 2012

Garage List
2012 bmw x6 e71  [0.00]
E71 has Adaptive High Beam, ??
I have e71 from 2012, I don't see in iDrive nothing, well, i coded with bimmercode, now is vizibile in iDrive bit is not working the adaptive high beam, it doesn't turn on or off in automatic. It doesn't work.
My its a xenon, maybe has to be led? Or I do something wrong?
So how can I make it work? The Adaptive High Beam assist?

Sorry for my English!
Appreciate 0