XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > X6 Photo/Video/Audio Gallery

10-07-2018, 04:38 PM   #1
nikita_567
Rep
Drives: BMW X6

BMW X6 Turning causes RPM Jump

Hello,

I have a tuned BMW X6 35I with catless Downpipes. My questions is this. Whenever I turn left, occasionally the rpm is fluctuating. My usual Idle is 600 RPM. But when I turn left the rpm jumps between 600 and 900. That only happens when you start to drive off and have to make a left turn right away like in a parking lot for example. Turning right does not seem to be a problem. I know your steering pump is working and its normal but I was wondering if having an ECU tune + Catless DP's cause the more abrupt RPM jumps. No codes and the car otherwise seems healthy

P.S. The RPM surge while turning left seems to be only occasional.

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2018, 04:21 AM   #2
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

well seems it happened after taking the cats off, if i were you i d search for the logs of the car assuming the sensor on catless downpipe is working properly.. yes some faults not appear on dash but the car records them.. if nothing seems.. then start from the places where can hurt while changing the downpipe.. maybe some of the things over there is causing those idle differences.. if your rear wiper wont work sometimes it affects somewhere totally different on BMW's.. needs step by step inspection..
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2018, 10:18 AM   #3
Golde4u
Rep
Drives: X6M

who tuned it, and what software did they use? it seems like they may have changed a parameter that should'nt have been changed. Flash your original file then see if it continues to do it. you can always reflash your tuned files. also was the tune done locally, was it done while driving or on the dyno?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2018, 07:51 AM   #4
nikita_567
Rep
Drives: BMW X6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golde4u View Post
who tuned it, and what software did they use? it seems like they may have changed a parameter that should'nt have been changed. Flash your original file then see if it continues to do it. you can always reflash your tuned files. also was the tune done locally, was it done while driving or on the dyno?
I figured it out. My rear driver side wheel was loose. Somehow the shop poorly tightened the bolts when they changed brakes/rotors and when I was turning the RPM was fluctuating all over the place. After the wheel was tightened. it was all good. It was done by Eurocharged Canada. They are awesome by the way. They have own custom tune that amazing!
Appreciate 0