XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

03-26-2022, 04:45 PM   #1
Andystobbs
Captain
Rep
Drives: E91 Lci, Vectra B V6

Coding help for tailgate module

Hi all, I've nipped over from the E90 forum to beg the assistance of E70 members in the subject of HKL_70 tailgate lift module.

In short, I've fitted one in my E91. Along with modified F31 spindle drives and soft close.

Most is working well and the tailgate operates electrically fine.

Two issues

1. My car has CA. Originally [before HKL fitment] if you attempted to open the boot without the key on your person, by the external boot switch then nothing would happen. The car would wake up, decide there wasn't a CA key in range and refuse the tailgate open request.

I'd expected everything to stay the same, but it hasn't. Now my tailgate is permanently unlocked. Even without the key, the car authorises the unlocking of the tailgate, the latch is released then the alarm goes off.

Its as though the HKL module is instructing the junction box to unlock without checking for a key. Even with the key on your person the alarm still goes off.

I could go into details here about how its wired up and how that makes the issue even stranger. But I'll add that in, if anyone can help.

2. Related to 1, once the car has gone to sleep, when the external button is pressed, with or without the key the HKL seems to not wake up immediately. The tailgate is unlatched but doesn't open.

In terms of coding thus far, I wrote an SSD file for an E70 with most of my FA options [one or two had to be dropped], but including CA.
If I write a blank. MAN file from that SSD then the tailgate opens but will not close on any function.

Has anyone done much messing with these modules? NCS dummy has very few translation in the. C14 daten. Its also mostly shorthand German too.

TIA
Appreciate 0