XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

02-25-2022, 09:31 PM   #1
silverrsxxx
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 / E71 X6M

Foxwell NT520 Pro added Diesel Particulate Filter to scope of X6M

The Foxwell NT520Pro has always served its purpose when needed for both our cars (E92 M3 and E71 X6M). Generally I only use it to diagnose issues, read codes and register batteries. Never used it to reset service intervals as resetting service intervals via odometer button was much quicker and easier to do.

The 'Vehicle Inspection' interval came up recently and for whatever reason I was unable to reset it via the odometer button.

I decided to give the Foxwell a try. It did the trick in resetting the 'Vehicle Inspection' service interval BUT...... it added a new service interval to the vehicle's scope. A service internal that makes absolutely no sense to the vehicle - 'Diesel Particulate Filter'.

In the iDrive screen, it comes up as a blank line with no info on what this new service interval was. I had to use the odometer button which showed it as a 'Diesel Particulate Filter'...

I submitted a ticket through Foxwell requesting a firmware update to sort this out. That went nowhere as they replied with some generic response telling me to buy a newer model Foxwell.

Went in with ISTA+, tried to see if I could find a toggle to remove this. No luck, didn't see anything related. What I did find was that I could remove the 'Vehicle Inspection' service interval completely. This I did end up doing and should have done it in the first place.

I was able to ignore this for a few weeks as I don't frequently navigate through the service screen anyways. Now its coming up as a service interval warning GONG every single time I start up the car. I even tried resetting this blank service internal and it just wouldn't.

Any ideas on how I can remove this dreaded 'Diesel Particulate Filter' from the scope of the vehicle?

Thanks in advance.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0