XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

01-23-2022, 10:02 AM   #1
m4forum
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

PDC Retrofit 2011 LCI X5 35i - Help

I am planning to retrofit PDC for the rear only on 2011 LCI. Based on what I found it is required to get PDC control module and sensors. I have all diagrams and instruction to install them.

As a test run I installed the PDC control module which is located on right side of the trunk together with other modules. The module has 3 connectors ( 1 - power and can bus K-line, 2 - rear sensors and 3 - front sensors ). I connected power and canbus and rear sensors.

Using INPA the module can be identified showing ok status what means canbus communication is working. Next step is coding with NCSexpert.

This is where i start to get issues : using NCSexpert I tried to reset the module to factory settings but get error message due communication. I also tried to use WinFKP to flash the module with my VIN but shows error as well.

Then I tried to access it with ISTA. On my first full vehicle test it shows is on control tree as green (great) again shows communication is ok but when I tried to access it specifically it turns red.

On realoem I cannot find PDC control unit listed for this car but on ISTA it shows instruction for replacement telling me this module is actually required and has not been integrated on something else.

Just wonder what I am missing.

Hopefully somebody could help.
Appreciate 0