XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > X6 Engine / Exhaust / Drivetrain Modification

10-08-2020, 09:16 PM   #67
asdf4fdsa
United_States
Rep
Drives: x5 e70 lci 35i

I am freaking out right now, because all of the pieces are enroute to me next week, and Newtis is shut down!!! Just plunked down and pulled the trigger last week. Can you help me with the wiring plug numbers and colors between the ACC, LDM, and DSC units? I did not anticipate the shutdown, and didn't take any pictures of the schematics! I really hope I can wire this up blind with all your help without NewTis!

I remember that P_CAN is R and R/BU, but what pins are the S_CAN? Also couldn't remember the wire color and location for the wake pin.

Fuse is F7 I believe, which piggy backs onto the RDC fuse.

Where does the LDM mount? I remember seeing a picture at the driver side.

Thanks!!
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2020, 09:28 PM   #68
robinasu
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 E70 BMW X5d

Shoot!

That's no bueno..

They say in their blurb about BMW AG to email them with any questions. Ask them where you can get the info? lol

Appreciate 0
      10-12-2020, 11:09 AM   #69
asdf4fdsa
United_States
Rep

Should I install the SZL as a whole unit, or only swapped out/in the cruise control stalk with the ribbon cable only, leaving the rest of the SZL intact? Trying to figure out what allows for best compatibility.

It sounds like you are all saying that the base SZL is the same, I am thinking of swapping just the stalk only.

Last edited by asdf4fdsa; 10-12-2020 at 11:36 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2020, 12:17 PM   #70
robinasu
Private First Class
Rep

Swapping the whole szl is the best. Do that.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2020, 09:51 PM   #71
asdf4fdsa
United_States
Rep

The SZL existing in the car has a 6-pin vertical connector (?) and 12-pin horizontal (X1880) connector. The new SZL has a 12-pin vertical (X10170) and 12-pin horizontal connector (X1880). The X10170 connects up to the clock spring, whereas the X1880 goes to the actual SZL. The extra pins on the clock spring (vertical connector) looks to be for heated steering and lane departure options, which my car does not have. I'll see about adding this later.

I could not find a reference to the 6pin vertical connector. The only difference I could find is there seems to be 2 sets of colors for wires to the steering wheel airbag. The pins map up directly, so should be a direct swap. I was lucky, the dismantler sent me the connector as well!
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2020, 05:02 PM   #72
asdf4fdsa
United_States
Rep

I ended up installing the SZL as a whole, moved the pins from the 6-pin connector to the 12-pin connector (now I have an option to get a heated steering wheel!). LDM and ACC are also installed. Errors I am getting right now are:
6E92 - DSC Control unit coding: no repair measure available
CE66 - Message error (wheel torque brake, 0xE1), receiver LDM, transmitter DSC
The center dash also flashes between the clock and cruise control symbol repeatedly.

I added $541 to the VO, but still no ACC yet. Looks like I need the ACC DSC installed.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2020, 12:52 PM   #73
asdf4fdsa
United_States
Rep

DSC installed. Errors were still present after adding VO for $5DF, and removing $541.

I ended up coding the VO with FA write, then coding into CAS and FRM with NCS Expert(expert mode). Then using ISTAp to program the DSC and ACC, which it picked up requiring programming and coding (with barely enough battery power to spare). Started the car, turned steering wheel and the traction control light turned off, no more error lights on the dash.

The previously unused indicators on the dash can now be exercised! ACC with Stop & Go is now working!!

Thanks to the detailed notes from robinasu on this thread!
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2021, 02:01 AM   #74
sammeras
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X6

E71 ACC + lane departure warning

Hello dumitru.o

I'm interesting to upgrade my 2011 X6 E71 40d with ACC + lane departure warning.

Any Suggestion?
By the way, We are neighbors, I live in Bulgaria.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumitru.o View Post
Hi guys

I did it on e70 2008 3.0d with $544 from factory.

You need:

- ACC
- SZL for ACC (not only stalk)
- LDM (in my case)

From certain month/year the LDM role is integrated in the DSC. You can find this date in TIS

Coding with LCI year and $5DF
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2021, 07:22 AM   #75
Mia_m
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E70

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinasu View Post
I installed the ACC and LDM the other day. ISTA+ complained about DSC coding, PT-CAN communication, and LDM communication, but the ACC module was green and has no errors (at least what can be seen with ISTA+). When I first wired it all up, the ACC complained about S-CAN communication, but I let the car sleep a couple times and now the ACC module seems to be good. Today, I updated the VO with NCSexpert by adding $5DF to the CAS and FRM VO's, then coded those based on the new VOs. I also coded the DSC module to the new VO and that removed a lot of complaining of the DSC and transmission. At this point, ISTA+ doesn't give me any errors, except for two, both from the LDM:

Error 62d6 interface dsc
Erros 63dd interface dsc

ISTA-P sees the new VO in the initial screen list of options, then as it processes the car, it mentions the LDM and ACC are found, but "the VO doesn't need them" and says to disconnect them or use some coding option that doesn't exist in the vehicle options. I am thinking wherever ISTA-P is looking, the updated VO is not there, yet.

I'm also confused if I should be putting the stop & go option ($5DF) or the regular ACC option ($541) in the VO.

Any ideas, guys?
Robinasu, how did you solve those two error codes? I am getting the same error.
I setup completely the DSC with ACC, LDM, FRR, SZL and JBBE3. All modules can be see in INPA but ACC doesn't work.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2021, 12:00 PM   #76
robinasu
Private First Class
Rep

Hydro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_m View Post
Robinasu, how did you solve those two error codes? I am getting the same error.
I setup completely the DSC with ACC, LDM, FRR, SZL and JBBE3. All modules can be see in INPA but ACC doesn't work.
That was before I swapped in a new hydro unit, I believe. My 2012 LCI X5 needed a DSC/Hydro unit that has "ACC" on the label. Those units have an additional sensor in the hydro block that the ACC needs. It was hard to find for me, but eventually one popped up and no problems after that.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2021, 10:14 PM   #77
Mia_m
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E70

Quote:
That was before I swapped in a new hydro unit, I believe. My 2012 LCI X5 needed a DSC/Hydro unit that has "ACC" on the label. Those units have an additional sensor in the hydro block that the ACC needs. It was hard to find for me, but eventually one popped up and no problems after that.
Thank you Robinasu. Even though ISTAp asked me to remove LDM, I tried to code the DSC and those error codes were gone. Now I have code CE6C & CE79 on LDM and " Cruise control: Keep your distance" in Kombi. Maybe the reason is that I am using FRR-01 insteaf of FRR-70 so I cannot see ACC module in ISTA. If someone have the FRR-70, I really want to buy.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2022, 01:57 AM   #78
dumitru.o
coding BMW.....
Romania
Rep
Drives: BMW

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammeras View Post
Hello dumitru.o

I'm interesting to upgrade my 2011 X6 E71 40d with ACC + lane departure warning.

Any Suggestion?
By the way, We are neighbors, I live in Bulgaria.

Thanks
Hi

i can help you with that, can get almost all the needed parts for you . please send me a PM with your email address and the VIN of the car

thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2022, 11:31 AM   #79
dumitru.o
coding BMW.....
Romania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_m View Post
Quote:
Thank you Robinasu. Even though ISTAp asked me to remove LDM, I tried to code the DSC and those error codes were gone. Now I have code CE6C & CE79 on LDM and " Cruise control: Keep your distance" in Kombi. Maybe the reason is that I am using FRR-01 insteaf of FRR-70 so I cannot see ACC module in ISTA. If someone have the FRR-70, I really want to buy.
Have you found FRR?
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2022, 05:04 PM   #80
blue9mustang
Registered
Rep
Drives: 07 335i, 00 740iL, 09 x5 35d

Glad I found this post!! I'm about embark on this for my e70 35d. I've read through this whole thread multiple times but still have some questions (still going to re-read it a few more times lol). I've been sitting on an ACC SZL for a while, and ready to make this happen. Bought it originally for my e92 to do ACC $541, but would much rather have ACC $5DF on my new to me x5

It's a non-LCI 2009 e70 35d US spec.
VIN: 5UXFF03519LJ95391 build date: 2008/11

I followed along for the most part, but there is a lot of discovery/trial and error posts as members were figuring out their retrofit along the way. Also, most seem to be LCI, so I am curious:

1.) Will I need to swap to the later DSC with ACC function?
The early post from dumitru.o regarding his non-lci e70 diesel successful retrofit, seems to suggest that it was not needed. I recognize that the later DSC with ACC function have extra brake pressure sensors, and I see that all the LCI guys needed it to complete their retrofit.

I understand that I already have SA544(cruise with brake function) and will not need to replace the KOMBI and should have 34516865025 for my current DSC. Since the ACC stop and go has been available before my car's build date, I would guess there's a chance, but understand too if I need to get the updated DSC.

2.) Will non-LCI require replacement of the junction box and footwell module to JBBF3R and FRM3R?
I also have old CCC system, never considered CIC retrofit because I just added an android unit and screen. Can CCC be coded for $5DF, is it even required to code the CCC?

Once my new account limitations have subsided I plan to message dumitru.o, hope he has access to stuff at a better rate than current ebay offerings. Any help clearing up my confusion of DSC for non-LCI cars would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!
blue9mustang@yahoo.com
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2022, 02:13 AM   #81
dumitru.o
coding BMW.....
Romania
Rep

Hi

You need to replace both the DSC (with an ACC version ) and the junction box with one from LCI.

I still have some parts for this retrofit which might help you: ACC radar sensor, rear PDC wiring for the RPDC, LDM module.

Unfortunately the wiring for ACC retrofit has been sold but it can be rebuilt

Prices on eBay are always higher because lots of fees needs to be paid to eBay
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2022, 11:05 AM   #82
AshwinLB
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i 6MT

Hi I’ve read this thread multiple times but I am still confused on what parts are needed to retrofit ACC + Stop&Go ($5DF) to an LCI E70 (build date 02/2013). This is what I was able to gather:

New dsc unit with pressure sensors 34516854707
FRR70 radar sensor
LDM unit
SZL stalk with acc controls

Are new FRM and JBBF needed?
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2022, 12:04 PM   #83
dumitru.o
coding BMW.....
Romania
Rep

you already have the right FRM and JBE
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2022, 03:45 PM   #84
AshwinLB
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i 6MT

Quote:
you already have the right FRM and JBE
Ok thank you for confirming. Do you happen to have the wiring diagrams needed to complete this retrofit?

Also is the LDM the same thing as acc control unit or are they 2 separate things?

Last edited by AshwinLB; 12-27-2022 at 04:16 PM.. Reason: Additional question
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2022, 09:24 AM   #85
dumitru.o
coding BMW.....
Romania
Rep

Exclamation

Appreciate 0
      01-12-2023, 12:11 PM   #86
dumitru.o
coding BMW.....
Romania
Rep

Will go out to Canada next week!

plug & play wiring harness for ACC ( LDM and FRR wiring )
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-08-2023, 10:12 PM   #87
jgirard8
Registered
Rep
Drives: '12 X5 35d

Quote:
Will go out to Canada next week!

plug & play wiring harness for ACC ( LDM and FRR wiring )
This is awesome! Where can I get a plug & play harness? I actually bought the radar and SZL from you a while back and havent gotten around to doing this retrofit yet.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2023, 11:46 AM   #88
dumitru.o
coding BMW.....
Romania
Rep

Please reply to my last email or send me a PM with your own
Appreciate 0