XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > X6 Engine / Exhaust / Drivetrain Modification

07-29-2015, 10:39 PM   #1
FastX6M
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X6M ESS Tunning Stage 3

Intercooler/turbo/engine upgrades?

Hello everyone,
I've done all I can think of go my x6m esienmann racing exhausts, AR downpipes, ess stage 2 tune, carbon fiber hood adv1 racing wheels ect. I want to take it to the next level but it's very hard to find further upgrades. Anyone have suggestions and where to find the parts?

Thanks
Attached Images

Last edited by FastX6M; 08-01-2015 at 11:00 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2015, 10:39 AM   #2
hellomyBMW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X6 50i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastX6M View Post
Hello everyone,
I've done all I can think of go my x6m esienmann racing exhausts, AR downpipes, ess stage 2 tune, carbon fiber hood adv1 racing wheels ect. I want to take it to the next level but it's very hard to find further upgrades. Anyone have suggestions and where to find the parts?

Thanks
The parts for our vehicles are very limited. I even spoke to Dinan to see if there are any upcoming parts for our vehicles but Dinan replied "All productions for E70/E71 has been shut down and will no long be produced".

Your best bet now is to talk to ESS and see if they can create a custom map for you for fuel mixture of 98 Octane and E85 (60/40 Mix).
Also there is a water to air intercooler upgrade you can do from Dinan or have an indy shop fabricate a bigger intercooler for you to cool things down more efficiently.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2015, 03:46 PM   #3
FastX6M
Registered
Rep

That's what I figured thank you
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2015, 07:46 PM   #4
theaudir8fan
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: a major headache

from what I know, the problem is with the size of injectors, since there aren't really any aftermarket solution for our direct injection injectors, the flow rate is limited. with the tunes from most of the popular tuners, the injectors are at 80-90% capacity already, so by adding more hardware, such as bigger turbos, the gains to be had are very minimal for the cost of the parts as not much more fuel can be supplied sufficiently which is what ultimately limits the power output
Appreciate 1
TTV8M113.50
      08-01-2015, 10:24 AM   #5
FastX6M
Registered
Rep

so there is no way to get bigger fuel injectors....even with a bigger turbo you don't think I will feel a bigger difference?
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2015, 07:44 PM   #6
theaudir8fan
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: a major headache

To my knowledge, there is no one making a solution for bigger fuel injectors, I'm sure it is not impossible, but there needs to be enough demand for someone like injector dynamics or Bosch to make the R&D effort to develop such product. But without bigger injectors getting bigger turbos won't really help since bigger turbos will spool slower due to larger flow rate while the higher boost flow efficiency can't be capitalized due to the limitation in fuel flow.

I do see a potential for tuning for higher octane race gas based on the current boost and injectors, this would allow for more advance timing which should be able to generate more power, but I don't think many of us are willing spend the extra money to dump high oct race gas in our SUVs unless we are drag racing someone
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2015, 01:25 PM   #7
hellomyBMW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X6 50i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by theaudir8fan View Post
To my knowledge, there is no one making a solution for bigger fuel injectors, I'm sure it is not impossible, but there needs to be enough demand for someone like injector dynamics or Bosch to make the R&D effort to develop such product. But without bigger injectors getting bigger turbos won't really help since bigger turbos will spool slower due to larger flow rate while the higher boost flow efficiency can't be capitalized due to the limitation in fuel flow.

I do see a potential for tuning for higher octane race gas based on the current boost and injectors, this would allow for more advance timing which should be able to generate more power, but I don't think many of us are willing spend the extra money to dump high oct race gas in our SUVs unless we are drag racing someone
theaudir8fan fan is right. Not enough demand for our vehicles for the big companies like Bosch to invest in R&D.
You are almost at the limit of possible bolt on upgrades for your X6M. If you are looking to go faster, you are probably better off buying an M3, M5 or M6 since they have much more performance parts available.
After finding out the availability of performance parts in our vehicles, I'm probably going to stop spending $$$ on my X6 after AR DPs and start looking into M6 - V10. I love that F1 exhaust scream.

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2015, 06:31 PM   #8
m5james
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 X5M Alpine White on Sakhir

What about ditching the air-to-water for an FMIC? I'm sure there's some table out there stating for every 10* in temp drop that it equates into X in HP increase. I'm assuming it'd create a little lag considering how the intake system is designed in these vs normal engines, but it might be worth the gains. I'm still searching the forums for actual experiences.

http://www.bimmian.com/AIC/70/
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2021, 03:36 PM   #9
TTV8M
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '23 AMG GLE53, '10 X6M

Garage List
2023 AMG GLE53  [0.00]
2010 BMW X6M  [0.00]
2008 Mini Cooper S  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastX6M View Post
Hello everyone,

Thanks
love that hood