XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > X5 Photo/Video/Audio Gallery

10-27-2018, 06:16 PM   #23
9vapors
Major
Rep
Drives: CB X5M

Not sure on the order of the how the pictures posted, but I got the PTP turbo blanket installed today. I removed the heat shield and put it directly on the turbos, the way most turbo blankets are installed. That's my hand on the turbo blanket after about an hour of spirited driving which may or may not have included me smoking a new charger and some sort of infinity...
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      10-27-2018, 11:18 PM   #24
StatenEye
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M F85

Garage List
2016 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2011 BMW X5M  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9vapors View Post

made me pretty nervous after I had to remove the red distribution block on top of the battery to see the part number/model... all of my steering was malfunctioned etc. went away on its own...
Completely normal, you'll see this every time you disconnect the battery.
Appreciate 1
9vapors645.50
      10-28-2018, 12:48 AM   #25
9vapors
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatenEye View Post
Quote:

made me pretty nervous after I had to remove the red distribution block on top of the battery to see the part number/model... all of my steering was malfunctioned etc. went away on its own...
Completely normal, you'll see this every time you disconnect the battery.
Good to know thanks, had no idea...
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2018, 01:51 AM   #26
0-60Motorsports
Brigadier General
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 JB 04 Coupe

Nice journal and the X5M sounds great. I need to start my Journal soon too. I am between the OE exhaust mod and SuperSprint Race axle back.
2011 VW Golf R DSG White/Black
IG: @060Motorsports
Appreciate 1
9vapors645.50
      10-28-2018, 10:39 AM   #27
9vapors
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports View Post
Nice journal and the X5M sounds great. I need to start my Journal soon too. I am between the OE exhaust mod and SuperSprint Race axle back.
Thanks, I've been wanting to a journal for a bit, but didn't have much content. Anyway, the exhaust is loud, but quiets down to be pretty comparable to stock when not revving it. I certainly went the cheaper exhaust route, but I'm really happy with how it sounds and performs.
Appreciate 1
      10-29-2018, 03:11 PM   #28
9vapors
Major
Rep

Well got my battery replaced with a nice new one... no more high battery discharge errors. I bought it from Advanced Auto for $150 after core and a coupon. Brought the x5 in to the dealership and they installed and registered it right there for free, that was cool... he also turned off my check engine light. I'm sure it will be back. It shows as a p0174, but the mechanic reminded me in their reader, there is no P.
Appreciate 1
      11-08-2018, 01:21 PM   #29
9vapors
Major
Rep

Added some bumper plugs from bumper plugs.com. They're over priced and I don't like that I had to make my holes larger to accommodate their product, but I did it anyway. I must mention that the color matching and paint is perfect, but it better be for some plastic painted body plugs for $35!

I bring this up because after I ordered them, I contacted IND and asked if they would look into a more flush, better solution, here is a back and forth response:

"Greetings,

I've been thinking about offering plugs for years. Let me shoot an email to a manufacture we have to see if they are interested in taking this one for us.

Thanks,

Nate@IND"

Later followed up with this:

"They are starting to look at flush designs next week.

Thanks,

Nate@IND "

So I hope they have something good coming for us!

Here's some pics!
Attached Images

Last edited by 9vapors; 11-08-2018 at 02:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2018, 07:48 PM   #30
boneca
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5

Garage List
2013 BMW X5M  [10.00]
2011 BMW X5  [10.00]
those plugs work well! I have them for about 3 years now and they look as the day I installed them. Yes they are not cheap but if I had to pay to fill in the holes and respray in the body shop the price would be 100 times more!

I also had 6 holes to cover, so don't complain about just 2

I had to buy 2 extra plugs as I broke first couple, my top holes were against the metal frame and they had to be cut very short not to stick out, the bottom ones worked perfectly from the first try!

Let us know if IND tells u about new solution!
Appreciate 1
9vapors645.50
      11-08-2018, 09:38 PM   #31
9vapors
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneca View Post
those plugs work well! I have them for about 3 years now and they look as the day I installed them. Yes they are not cheap but if I had to pay to fill in the holes and respray in the body shop the price would be 100 times more!

I had to buy 2 extra plugs as I broke first couple, my top holes were against the metal frame and they had to be cut very short not to stick out, the bottom ones worked perfectly from the first try!

Wow, I only had 2 holes and I drilled the hole 9/16 like they said, but still had to push hard, I thought I might break em too... I'd be pissed if it did at $18 each haha. 6 though, what the hell were they putting so much holes in your bumper for?!! I'll keep you posted if IND updates, their stuff is top notch as well.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2018, 09:42 AM   #32
ryansbmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5 35i M-Sport, 2010 535x

Quote:

When the body shop installed my plate, they drilled 3 holes to attach it. I actually had to drill an entire new whole just to give some balance. Two of mine are up against the metal frame and dont sit completely flush. I need to pull them at some point and cut them down when I remember haha.
      11-09-2018, 10:01 AM   #33
boneca
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW X5M  [10.00]
2011 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
what the hell were they putting so much holes in your bumper for?!!
I wish I knew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryansbmw View Post
When the body shop installed my plate, they drilled 3 holes to attach it. I actually had to drill an entire new whole just to give some balance. Two of mine are up against the metal frame and dont sit completely flush. I need to pull them at some point and cut them down when I remember haha.
u might as well buy new plugs for the top holes, they are not reusable! that what I had to do!
and even second time around when I cut them shorter, they still were a bit too long but they are ok.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2018, 11:18 PM   #34
9vapors
Major
Rep

Reading another user's journal about the drama of an accident is a bit scary, so I thought to add that I use a dash cam and highly recommend the same for everyone else. I had it hard wired and it's tucked up and out of the way, I forget it's there. It's also fun because mechanics don't see it and you can hear them talk shit to each other or about you. Someday I'll get and front/rear setup, but for now I just have a forward facing one. I have this one, cheap but effective and take a look at the reviews!

Rexing V1 Car Dash Cam 2.4" LCD FHD 1080p 170 Degree Wide Angle Dashboard Camera Recorder with Sony Exmor Video Sensor, G-Sensor, WDR, Loop Recording https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00X528FNE..._b4L6BbVZBJ6XR

On that note, I bought this handy device as well. It allows you to download and save videos from the SD card to your phone!

dodocool Card Reader Lightning Cable with Micro SD Card Slot for iPhone 8/8 Plus/X/7/7 Plus/6/6 Plus/5/5s/iPad iPod and More (Gray) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M7X3EFL..._Q9L6Bb1GSEQ77
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2018, 12:26 AM   #35
0-60Motorsports
Brigadier General
Bahrain
Rep

Quote:
Reading another user's journal about the drama of an accident is a bit scary, so I thought to add that I use a dash cam and highly recommend the same for everyone else. I had it hard wired and it's tucked up and out of the way, I forget it's there. It's also fun because mechanics don't see it and you can hear them talk shit to each other or about you. Someday I'll get and front/rear setup, but for now I just have a forward facing one. I have this one, cheap but effective and take a look at the reviews!

Rexing V1 Car Dash Cam 2.4" LCD FHD 1080p 170 Degree Wide Angle Dashboard Camera Recorder with Sony Exmor Video Sensor, G-Sensor, WDR, Loop Recording https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00X528FNE..._b4L6BbVZBJ6XR

On that note, I bought this handy device as well. It allows you to download and save videos from the SD card to your phone!

dodocool Card Reader Lightning Cable with Micro SD Card Slot for iPhone 8/8 Plus/X/7/7 Plus/6/6 Plus/5/5s/iPad iPod and More (Gray) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M7X3EFL..._Q9L6Bb1GSEQ77
Thanks for posting the links. Can you post a pic of where your camera is positioned? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2018, 09:33 AM   #36
boneca
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW X5M  [10.00]
2011 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:

I've been running Blackvue dashcam for about 3 years now, great camera!
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2018, 09:36 AM   #37
9vapors
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for posting the links. Can you post a pic of where your camera is positioned? Thanks.
So here is from the drivers seat, a shot to show where it's positioned behind the rear view and from outside. I suggest if you're going to stick it to your windshield like mine, you don't use grey double sided mounting tape like I did... black would have been the way to go as you wouldn't see it as much.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      11-13-2018, 09:39 AM   #38
9vapors
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I've been running Blackvue dashcam for about 3 years now, great camera!
Yeah, those are really nice. I would love to move up to the front and rear blackvue setup. That's on the list for sure, worth it for supporting your case when/if an accident happens
Appreciate 1
boneca1989.00
      11-13-2018, 09:44 AM   #39
boneca
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW X5M  [10.00]
2011 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Yeah, those are really nice. I would love to move up to the front and rear blackvue setup. That's on the list for sure, worth it for supporting your case when/if an accident happens
I agree, front and rear are the best as well as ability to run the camera when the car is off for at least some time! Unfortunately in my case its only front one but still better than nothing!
Luckily I didn't have to use it for it's main purpose but sure its a good tool to have!
Appreciate 1
9vapors645.50
      11-13-2018, 09:46 AM   #40
0-60Motorsports
Brigadier General
Bahrain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So here is from the drivers seat, a shot to show where it's positioned behind the rear view and from outside. I suggest if you're going to stick it to your windshield like mine, you don't use grey double sided mounting tape like I did... black would have been the way to go as you wouldn't see it as much.
Thanks for posting that.
Appreciate 1
9vapors645.50
      11-13-2018, 12:31 PM   #41
do_0b
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 X6 M

Garage List
2010 BMW X6M  [0.00]
forgot to ask, did your engine light come on after installing the dp?
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2018, 05:49 PM   #42
9vapors
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by do_0b View Post
forgot to ask, did your engine light come on after installing the dp?
It did, but not for about a month. I then removed the tune and it still came back. I think I figured it out though. I went back and tightened the vband clamps and found one was grossly loose. I wrenched it down tight and erased the code and it hasn't come back yet...
Appreciate 1
      11-13-2018, 09:35 PM   #43
argento
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5M

That's a clean setup. Thanks for posting. The guy who hit me still claims he had a yellow, despite three witnesses and my statement that we all had a green. There was a camera at the intersection, but no one was interested in pulling the video even though I kept bringing it up. Dashcam a good idea.
      11-14-2018, 08:35 AM   #44
do_0b
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 X6 M

Garage List
2010 BMW X6M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by argento View Post
That's a clean setup. Thanks for posting. The guy who hit me still claims he had a yellow, despite three witnesses and my statement that we all had a green. There was a camera at the intersection, but no one was interested in pulling the video even though I kept bringing it up. Dashcam a good idea.
since my last accident where i was not at fault, it was a he said-he said kinda thing. Initially deemed 50/50 but i got it down to not at fault. If i had a dash cam it woulda been so much easier and quicker. Dash cam from now on
Appreciate 0