XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > X5 Photo/Video/Audio Gallery

02-02-2018, 09:09 AM   #67
boneca
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5

Garage List
2013 BMW X5M  [10.00]
2011 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by saleen01 View Post
having a tough time sourcing just the front lip.....ECS can get it, but comes from germany....shipping is triple the worth of the part
checkout eBay, if I remember correctly I bought my kit for my previous X5 for less than $300 and it looked and fit perfectly, might be even cheaper now since its been about 4 years ago
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2018, 09:10 AM   #68
saleen01
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 x5

yeah thats the other option, contacted a seller....said he wouldn't separate the kit....may just have to bite the bullet and buy the whole thing
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2018, 10:45 AM   #69
Deftronix
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 12 X5d & 20 X7 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by saleen01 View Post
yeah thats the other option, contacted a seller....said he wouldn't separate the kit....may just have to bite the bullet and buy the whole thing
Wont need to buy the whole thing. Look by #51112182334. Keep in mind it doesnt come with the brackets to mount it.

Reference for individual parts in the aero kit:
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=03_0158
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2018, 11:58 AM   #70
saleen01
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 x5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deftronix View Post
Wont need to buy the whole thing. Look by #51112182334. Keep in mind it doesnt come with the brackets to mount it.

Reference for individual parts in the aero kit:
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=03_0158

thanks, i do believe it would probably come from germany and makes it more then double in cost

but if i have to i will thanks

i contacted bmw of south atlanta online to see what they can do
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2019, 10:01 AM   #71
Nyc Dito
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 35d

Thread bump..

So I might be ordering this kit soon and was going with OEM but see many have used aftermarket with no major issues. Aside from a few issues i've read in this thread, it should be a walk in the park for a legit body shop right?
      06-17-2019, 10:05 AM   #72
boneca
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5

Garage List
2013 BMW X5M  [10.00]
2011 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyc Dito View Post
Thread bump..

So I might be ordering this kit soon and was going with OEM but see many have used aftermarket with no major issues. Aside from a few issues i've read in this thread, it should be a walk in the park for a legit body shop right?
get it painted and install it uself, pretty easy from what I remember
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2019, 12:39 PM   #73
Nyc Dito
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneca View Post
get it painted and install it uself, pretty easy from what I remember
Thanks! I'll take a look when it arrives, but I did find some others who did it themselves, very encouraging for me =) ..

So aftermarkets have been good to go i take it, thanks again!
      07-23-2019, 02:23 PM   #74
SNICKERS228
Registered
Georgia
Rep
Drives: bmw x5

X5 with aero kit is very beautiful
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 12:11 PM   #75
phan
Private
Rep
Drives: X5 35d, M5 SC'd, M6GC

sorry for bumping an old thread but i recently picked up a 35d and the LCI aero. do all parts that came with the aero need to be painted? or are some not visible and/or remain unpainted plastic? TIA!
Appreciate 1
Nyc Dito112.50
      05-28-2020, 11:54 AM   #76
RL18
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deftronix View Post
Would like to see the final pics too since Im still trying to decide whether to attach them to the running boards or skirts but leaning towards the boards. Rockers are in route anyway. Just finished up the front/rear install:

[IMG]http://www.caymus.com/x5/x5_5.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.caymus.com/x5/x5_6.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.caymus.com/x5/x5_7.jpg[/IMG]
I'm glad I found this. You just sold me on the aero kit . Personally I think the kit looks better w/o the skirts. They look tacky to me
Nyc Dito112.50
      05-30-2020, 10:12 AM   #77
Nyc Dito
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by phan View Post
sorry for bumping an old thread but i recently picked up a 35d and the LCI aero. do all parts that came with the aero need to be painted? or are some not visible and/or remain unpainted plastic? TIA!
If I'm not mistaken it should be four pieces that get painted. Front skirt, rear skirt and the rear side pieces. I could be wrong though. The other pieces stay in their matte grayish color (like OE).

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL18 View Post
I'm glad I found this. You just sold me on the aero kit . Personally I think the kit looks better w/o the skirts. They look tacky to me
I am/was in the same boat. I decided no sides for now since I have the running boards and see how I like the look. Should be painted ina few weeks as I'm doing some other mods to the X5 at that time =)

Last edited by Nyc Dito; 05-30-2020 at 04:27 PM..
Appreciate 1
RL18273.50
      05-30-2020, 10:43 AM   #78
RL18
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I am/was in the same boat. I decided no sides for now since I have the running boards and see how I like the look. Should be painted ina few weeks as I'm doing some other mods to it then =)
Post up some pics when it's painted! I'll probably be doing this soon along with my atm intercooler, install my painted reflectors, and get some updated headlights installed. Then I'll need to tend to my poor tire/wheel stance and tintless windows

What other mods are you doing? Any performance
      05-30-2020, 04:42 PM   #79
Nyc Dito
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Post up some pics when it's painted! I'll probably be doing this soon along with my atm intercooler, install my painted reflectors, and get some updated headlights installed. Then I'll need to tend to my poor tire/wheel stance and tintless windows

What other mods are you doing? Any performance
Will post some pics in a few weeks =).

I'm also going to have my Indy install coil-overs, wheel spacers and wheel studs. I am on stock 19's (Style 335) until I decide what rims to go with later on. And although I already have the Rawtek delete kit, I wont be installing it just yet. I bought it when they had their sale and am just waiting until I "need" to install it =).

The painted reflectors will look nice, I love how my X stands apart from the sea of Alpine whites I come across JUST because of the painted reflectors and Supersprint exhaust tips. ATM intercooler is on my "to do" list, but after Rawtke stuff gets installed.

What headlight upgrade are you doing? I want to swap out the fresnal lenses
for some clear ones.
      05-30-2020, 09:04 PM   #80
RL18
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Will post some pics in a few weeks =).

I'm also going to have my Indy install coil-overs, wheel spacers and wheel studs. I am on stock 19's (Style 335) until I decide what rims to go with later on. And although I already have the Rawtek delete kit, I wont be installing it just yet. I bought it when they had their sale and am just waiting until I "need" to install it =).

The painted reflectors will look nice, I love how my X stands apart from the sea of Alpine whites I come across JUST because of the painted reflectors and Supersprint exhaust tips. ATM intercooler is on my "to do" list, but after Rawtke stuff gets installed.

What headlight upgrade are you doing? I want to swap out the fresnal lenses
for some clear ones.
Sweet! Looking forward to it. A white x5 is the perfect color to see this kit on! And those painted reflectors are a must I feel.

Which coilovers? I was think the bilstein b12 kit for my x5 when It comes time for a suspension refresh. The 335 style rims are very nice! Unfortunately my x5 has style 209 rims... I have my eyes on some rims though. I'll probably be doing rims after I do the mods I mentioned.

I'm excited to install my atm intercooler. I hear there's some trimming to do. Did you go with a catted downpipe?

I want to install these style headlights for my x5
I think these have a better projector lens than our fresnal lens. If not though I might tear them apart and try retrofitting an led projector, or maybe two
Attached Images

06-01-2020, 10:43 AM   #81
Nyc Dito
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Sweet! Looking forward to it. A white x5 is the perfect color to see this kit on! And those painted reflectors are a must I feel.

Which coilovers? I was think the bilstein b12 kit for my x5 when It comes time for a suspension refresh. The 335 style rims are very nice! Unfortunately my x5 has style 209 rims... I have my eyes on some rims though. I'll probably be doing rims after I do the mods I mentioned.

I'm excited to install my atm intercooler. I hear there's some trimming to do. Did you go with a catted downpipe?

I want to install these style headlights for my x5
I think these have a better projector lens than our fresnal lens. If not though I might tear them apart and try retrofitting an led projector, or maybe two
I went with BC. My Indy has experience with installing them and "fine tuning" them so I went with those. I will definitely post my experience with them after a few hundred miles. I'm going from a non-sport setup to coils..should be interesting lol. As far as rims, I almost went with 214's but I'm still on the fence since I also like the VFS-2's. Either choice will most likely be later on at this point.

My codes for the emissions stuff came back RIGHT AFTER my last post so this would be the next thing on my list to do. Im going to talk to my Indy on that and most likely go with DUDMD for his tuning. The Rawtek kit I bought does have the high flow cat. Their sale was like 25-30% off normal price so I went for it.

As far as the LCI kit, my shop just called me and asked to confirm what is actually getting painted. The ebay kits come with NO instructions and/or all the hardware (only some). I printed out the OE installation instructions and bought all the OE hardware so hopefully he can make sense of it all haha. I'll make sure to email him some pics of the kit installed as well, for reference.

When you install the ATM I/C I would love to hear the feedback. I dont tow anything and it might be overkill for my setup, but I still want it

I wish I had the space and time to do a headlight project. I have neither so I have to depend on a retro-fitter when I get it done.
      06-01-2020, 02:08 PM   #82
RL18
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:

I went with BC. My Indy has experience with installing them and "fine tuning" them so I went with those. I will definitely post my experience with them after a few hundred miles. I'm going from a non-sport setup to coils..should be interesting lol. As far as rims, I almost went with 214's but I'm still on the fence since I also like the VFS-2's. Either choice will most likely be later on at this point.

My codes for the emissions stuff came back RIGHT AFTER my last post so this would be the next thing on my list to do. Im going to talk to my Indy on that and most likely go with DUDMD for his tuning. The Rawtek kit I bought does have the high flow cat. Their sale was like 25-30% off normal price so I went for it.

As far as the LCI kit, my shop just called me and asked to confirm what is actually getting painted. The ebay kits come with NO instructions and/or all the hardware (only some). I printed out the OE installation instructions and bought all the OE hardware so hopefully he can make sense of it all haha. I'll make sure to email him some pics of the kit installed as well, for reference.

When you install the ATM I/C I would love to hear the feedback. I dont tow anything and it might be overkill for my setup, but I still want it

I wish I had the space and time to do a headlight project. I have neither so I have to depend on a retro-fitter when I get it done.
I hear good things about BC coilovers. Do please give a review on them! Both those rims are very nice but like you rims and suspension will probably be later on so I'm sure my mind will change again.

I'm waiting for my def fluid to drain, then I'm gonna delete too. I'm going with BRR since I love how he tuned my 335d, already got the DDE tuned and ready to rip

Really? That's not good. Hopefully its common hardware! I'm so glad I found the aero kit cause the x5 doesn't look bad, it just needs a little bit of flare and I think this kit does that very nicely.

I definitely will! I'm finishing up my audio system project and depending on how long that takes I'll either delete or do the intercooler, maybe all at once, idk lol. Things keep changing so hopefully the future is looking good.

From what Ive seen, those headlights are a nice upgrade over stock and it looks like a clear lens was used in place of the stock projector lens. I'd definitely like to have just a drop in headlight though!
      06-03-2020, 08:54 AM   #83
Nyc Dito
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I hear good things about BC coilovers. Do please give a review on them! Both those rims are very nice but like you rims and suspension will probably be later on so I'm sure my mind will change again.

Really? That's not good. Hopefully its common hardware! I'm so glad I found the aero kit cause the x5 doesn't look bad, it just needs a little bit of flare and I think this kit does that very nicely.
The shop installed the coil-overs but I had to put the aero kit installation on hold for 2-3 weeks. The local body shop wanted a little more than what I wanted to spend so Im taking it to another shop I deal with.

I drove the X this morning and was impressed! I was expecting the ride to be horrible (I always assume the worst with these things) but it felt just a tad bit firmer and better than my wife's E90 haha. I drove for about 10 minutes and local streets only. The shop is actually going to adjust the height a bit higher once we get the wheel studs and spacers on. Then I need to drive to let it break in, and then align and re-adjust to my liking. I think that 19" wheels with doofy tires (or proper tires) help a ton with the comfort. Now im questioning going onto 20's =/ . If I can make 20's work with some meatier tires, and not look like Im going off-roading, maybe..

I added one pic to the "what have you done" thread. Hopefully i can get that aero kit on ASAP
      06-03-2020, 10:26 AM   #84
RL18
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:

The shop installed the coil-overs but I had to put the aero kit installation on hold for 2-3 weeks. The local body shop wanted a little more than what I wanted to spend so Im taking it to another shop I deal with.

I drove the X this morning and was impressed! I was expecting the ride to be horrible (I always assume the worst with these things) but it felt just a tad bit firmer and better than my wife's E90 haha. I drove for about 10 minutes and local streets only. The shop is actually going to adjust the height a bit higher once we get the wheel studs and spacers on. Then I need to drive to let it break in, and then align and re-adjust to my liking. I think that 19" wheels with doofy tires (or proper tires) help a ton with the comfort. Now im questioning going onto 20's =/ . If I can make 20's work with some meatier tires, and not look like Im going off-roading, maybe..

I added one pic to the "what have you done" thread. Hopefully i can get that aero kit on ASAP
That looks sweet! Nice and low! I'll have to check out that kit. If My x5d could handle like my 335d, my 335d would be in trouble, because I already like my x5d a lot more. Just the balance of my 335d and the power it has make it better still.

I'll likely be going with 20s with 275/40 front and 315/35 rear on my x5d I think that'll be plenty meat to handle the torque when I delete and tune.

That suspension will probably settle in nicely though, and pair with the aero kit will look extra aggressive!
      08-12-2023, 12:51 PM   #85
BLX5ME70
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: X5

Cool mate
Appreciate 0