XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

06-07-2019, 10:32 PM   #1
andym3
Rep
Drives: 2010 m3

2011 BMW X6 no start, no crank

About 3 weeks ago, my car suddenly won't start or crank at all. It was parked for a day. It was driving perfectly fine before. I know for sure is not the battery. As I already tried to jump start it. Even the AAA toll truck tried to jump start it. It won't even crank. Plus it has power, everything else turns on. The bigger problem is that no one seems to be able to turn it to neutral. We finally toll it to a shop with a dolly. It has been in the shop for 3 weeks and they still can't figure out what the problem is. They still can't shift it to neutral . They are thinking it might be transmission issue. Some other suggested it might be the key fob malfunction, should get a new key. Any suggestion?
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2019, 03:11 AM   #2
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

so you tried to put in neutral with the red tool in the trunk and use it to twist the thing under cup holders? or there should be near the transmission cover there is another screw to twist for this purpose.. it didnt work?

fuses are all fine as well?
      06-08-2019, 04:52 AM   #3
andym3
Rep

I didnt try it myself. But I saw the toll truck guy tried to do it but it didn't work. Also, the car has been in an Indy shop for 3 weeks. They said they shifted it the neutral, the car still doesn't roll. Like mechanically it didn't actually shift. That's why they suspect it might be something wrong with the transmission. On the other hand, it could be some kind of security feature if there were something wrong with the key? What do you all think?

I just find it really weird cuz there were no warning message or any kind of sign that something was wrong. I was driving it fine in the morning, parked it for like 10 hrs, then all the sudden it won't start.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2019, 07:37 AM   #4
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

can be.. did you open the doors with the remote or the metal key part? if remote is not working that might be the thing that messes up things.. there is a module called comfort access module that communicates with the key for immobilizer.. that might gone bad by some time if key is not the problem.. actually there should be an immobilizer by pass code also but i never did it by myself.. with that code you should start the car..
      06-08-2019, 01:54 PM   #5
andym3
Rep

I can open the door with remote. All electronics will start, just the engine doesn't start.
Appreciate 0