XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

08-19-2019, 09:51 AM   #1
KadizzleD
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 X5 xDrive 3.0

Hello,

After replacing the torque converter, torque converter shaft o-ring, mechatronics seal, the seals between the trans and valve body, all the solenoids, filter and fluid I am still experiencing the 4F53 code. The trans feels great and solid with smooth shifts and no hesitations. The torque converter seems like it's locking up but the code still keeps popping up in ISTA. It's causing a huge headache since I spent a lot of time and money replacing everything and the inspection is up on the car. I can't get it inspected until the code goes away and the SEL light goes off.

I have attached and image of the code data pulled from ISTA. It seems the engine and turbine shaft speeds seem to be off around 100rpms. Just enough to throw the code.

The only thing I haven't done yet is do a solenoid adaptation reset and a mechatronics reset and re learn. Besides that I'm all out of ideas.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2009 X5 3.0 Auto ZF trans

[IMG][/IMG]
Attached Images

Appreciate 0