XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

06-24-2020, 01:33 PM   #1
pearlpower
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Highest Mileage X5M Only

Curious where other X5Ms are at and what “major” repairs were done.
Mine is at 108k, original motor and trans. Liqui Moly oil every 4-5k miles. Mann filters.

No major issues. Does have index 12 injectors, 97506 plugs, and 3 of my new Bosch coils went south, one ruining a plug (#8). Eldor coils in route. Host of smaller items such as hoses, coolant pump, intake boots, etc.

I met a guy at an Alberton’s parking lot with a black X5M with original 176k miles. Original turbos, engine, and trans. He was the 2nd owner since 85k miles.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2020, 09:43 AM   #2
Colodano
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5M

Mine is at 136K, original drive train, turbos etc. I will admit I have actually not looked at which injectors I have in mine, but it has needed all of the ccv stuff done, and actually the seals on the intake to turbos have needed to be replaced twice in my ownership.
I bought it at 91K, added Velos tune within the first 5K of my ownership, and it has treated me rather well overall.
Biggest issue was the coolant hose between the heads, and I wish I had gone down a bit more thorough into the vee while I was in there to clean it out and replace stuff.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2020, 09:49 AM   #3
snowild
Rep
Drives: 2013 x5m

Currently at 135k, second owner since 34k and I've done alot. I was going to make an excel spreadsheet of every repair and cost and post it. For a quick summary, valve cover gasket,auxilary water pump, battery, oil change every 4k, coils and plugs. I did buy the cheap bosch coils with the plastic housing and they cracked right around 5k (buy oem). Also i didnt gap my plugs correctly the first time and the engine didn't like it at all in the cold winters up here.

the only major failure I've experience and is something anybody with a high mileage should think about is rebuilding their turbos.what i was told is the driver side turbo is likely going fail for many reason one being position of the sensor, gets coated with oil. only remedy is catch cans. I sent mine to pure turbo for their stage one as I'm running active stage 2 tune with dp. With just one turbo on an all well dynojet, I made 285hp to the wheels.
Appreciate 0