XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

06-18-2020, 10:17 AM   #1
airbornesigs
Poland
Rep
Drives: 2013 E71 BMW X6M

Smile X6M She's back after respray..

Originally posted in X6 photos.. sorry.

I got my honey back yesterday after full restoration respray, she wasn't a complete mess but had a lot of surface stone chips and other ladies rings, handbag and shopping bag damage... but now she is brand new again and I am really pleased with the job its better than factory to be honest the depth of the paint is amazing.. I wanted to add here that she is also going in for Bikini PPF next week.

Just before I put her in for paint I removed the cats and added Akropovic Catless Downpipes.. a colleague who owns a tuning company gave me a cheeky flame tune.. lol I promise a video to follow, I actually dont intend on keeping the flame tune as even he said its not ideal for the engine.. I'll be switching to a JB4 as my buddy who has a 1er with a 335i motor has the JB4 and its bloody awesome.. 8 different maps, switchable.. right now I am stuck with the 1 tune and pops and bangs get a bit tedious...

Anyway...

I had a quick question if anyone is able to help it would be very much appreciated.

I am looking to buy a set of 22's for the car, currently on 21's which are a bit beaten up so I am thinking I'll keep these for winter and put on the 22's in the summer.

Does anyone know the correct fitment of the 22's for our car?

Currently I have the following wheels:

Front 10Jx21 ET40 5x120
Rear 11.5Jx21 ET38 5x120

Am I right in thinking I would need exactly the same but 22 instead of 21? or should I come in on the rim depth to prevent arch rub?

My current tires are 325/30/21 on the back and 285/35/21 on the front.

I am looking at the PZERO 325/35/22 for the back and the 285/35/22 for the front but really unsure on the wheels.. or if they would even fit in the arches with those tires on?

If anyone has done this and has 22's your help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by airbornesigs; 06-18-2020 at 10:18 AM.. Reason: spelling
Appreciate 1
      06-18-2020, 11:46 AM   #2
1er_vert
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4 3.0si; 2010 BMW X6

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbornesigs View Post
Originally posted in X6 photos.. sorry.

I got my honey back yesterday after full restoration respray, she wasn't a complete mess but had a lot of surface stone chips and other ladies rings, handbag and shopping bag damage... but now she is brand new again and I am really pleased with the job its better than factory to be honest the depth of the paint is amazing.. I wanted to add here that she is also going in for Bikini PPF next week.

Just before I put her in for paint I removed the cats and added Akropovic Catless Downpipes.. a colleague who owns a tuning company gave me a cheeky flame tune.. lol I promise a video to follow, I actually dont intend on keeping the flame tune as even he said its not ideal for the engine.. I'll be switching to a JB4 as my buddy who has a 1er with a 335i motor has the JB4 and its bloody awesome.. 8 different maps, switchable.. right now I am stuck with the 1 tune and pops and bangs get a bit tedious...

Anyway...

I had a quick question if anyone is able to help it would be very much appreciated.

I am looking to buy a set of 22's for the car, currently on 21's which are a bit beaten up so I am thinking I'll keep these for winter and put on the 22's in the summer.

Does anyone know the correct fitment of the 22's for our car?

Currently I have the following wheels:

Front 10Jx21 ET40 5x120
Rear 11.5Jx21 ET38 5x120

Am I right in thinking I would need exactly the same but 22 instead of 21? or should I come in on the rim depth to prevent arch rub?

My current tires are 325/30/21 on the back and 285/35/21 on the front.

I am looking at the PZERO 325/35/22 for the back and the 285/35/22 for the front but really unsure on the wheels.. or if they would even fit in the arches with those tires on?

If anyone has done this and has 22's your help would be greatly appreciated.
I personally would not tune the X6M. You are only inviting more unnecessary heat, to hasten the demise of engine component replacement. Don’t get power greedy and dig yourself that Rabbit hole. The S63 is plenty fast in stock form. The more you spend- the less you actually get back.
Appreciate 2
      06-18-2020, 02:08 PM   #3
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

looks like a nice paint job.. red E71 is not that common as well..
i imported a lot of very cheap used tires from Poland to Ukraine for drifting thank you Poland..
      06-19-2020, 03:27 AM   #4
airbornesigs
Poland
Rep
Drives: 2013 E71 BMW X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1er_vert View Post
I personally would not tune the X6M. You are only inviting more unnecessary heat, to hasten the demise of engine component replacement. Don’t get power greedy and dig yourself that Rabbit hole. The S63 is plenty fast in stock form. The more you spend- the less you actually get back.
You say that until you have it tuned.. then you know. ;-)

I run 630PS on the Dyno and 0 to 100kmh sub 4secs. The cat delete woke my car up its now in my opinion the car it should be.. the open valve tone from the stock exhaust was always lacking in my opinion and the addition of Akrapovic gave it the voice it so deserves and the beauty is it works on the M button so if I want to take the kids to school with a little less growl I hit the button, close the valves and away I go.. I agree with you on the "flame tune" as I said in my post it has been great fun though, honestly it really took me back a few years.. lol Its why I want the JB4 because it has 8 maps I can run an ECO map on position 1, and then gradual tunes up to position 8 being the harshest for the occasional drag races I participate in... and to be honest If I have to replace engine parts I am fine with that I do most of the work myself anyway and life is too short to not feel 630ps under your arse in this car.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2020, 10:00 AM   #5
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbornesigs View Post
You say that until you have it tuned.. then you know. ;-)

I run 630PS on the Dyno and 0 to 100kmh sub 4secs. The cat delete woke my car up its now in my opinion the car it should be.. the open valve tone from the stock exhaust was always lacking in my opinion and the addition of Akrapovic gave it the voice it so deserves and the beauty is it works on the M button so if I want to take the kids to school with a little less growl I hit the button, close the valves and away I go.. I agree with you on the "flame tune" as I said in my post it has been great fun though, honestly it really took me back a few years.. lol Its why I want the JB4 because it has 8 maps I can run an ECO map on position 1, and then gradual tunes up to position 8 being the harshest for the occasional drag races I participate in... and to be honest If I have to replace engine parts I am fine with that I do most of the work myself anyway and life is too short to not feel 630ps under your arse in this car.
Love the color and the power dome hood! I would check out ESS running, I am running just their stage 1 tune In my N63 powered X5 with over 247,000km on the original engine and it dropped it's zero to 100 to 4.4 seconds (best I could do was 5.6 before) and I don't use launch control so imagine what their tune will do for a S63, it completely transformed the truck. They give you two tunes that are custom tailored to your engine and the software and cable needed to switch between the tunes plus you can go back to stock whenever you like (takes only 10min on your laptop)

Then I would stack the JB4 on top of the stage 1 ESS tune for the days you are running race gas and really want to squeeze every drop of power out. I already picked up my JB4 and will be adding it once I am done with th exhaust and intake mods.
Appreciate 0