XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

01-21-2019, 11:59 AM   #1
heze
Private
Rep
Drives: E70 LCI

E70 DSC cannot be coded...

Good afternoon all,

I have a faulty DSC in my E70, and I bought a second hand piece with exact the same partnumbers. I programmed the DSC, but coding is not possible and it throws errors...

I tried with ISTA-P --> coding went wrong (sys0005 - ecu description file not found)
I also tried the same with ISTA-P online (one day subscription), with the same result, so my conclusion of this is that the problem is probably not a missing file in my standalone version.
I also tried to standard code with NCS-expert and this program returns an error: ECU conditions not correct.

I use a clone of the ICOM programmer, and I also tried with a D+K Can cable.

After a lot of research on the Internet I discovered that the problem maybe could be the old VIN-number, which is still in the DSC. In INPA I can see that the UIF is changed to the new VIN (winkfp did this), but in tool32 another VIN is shown. I tried to change the VIN in tool32, with no succes: ECU conditions not correct.

I already programmed and coded a lot of modules in this car with NCS-expert / Tool32 / ISTA-P, so my setup seems allright.

Please see the attachments for the errors.

Is it even possible to change the VIN of an E70 DSC? If so, can someone help me out with this? Is the problem something else?

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Hendrik Zeilstra.
Attached Images

Last edited by heze; 01-21-2019 at 12:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2019, 01:39 AM   #2
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

Ok, do any jobs in tool32 work in the DXC_70?

Looking back at your thread the ISTA P fault is interesting. It suggests something is not right with your description files.

Are you able to try a clean install of standard tools? Use the bimmer geeks download. Then you can rule out a coding setup problem.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2019, 11:41 AM   #3
heze
Private
Rep
Drives: E70 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible_ View Post
Ok, do any jobs in tool32 work in the DXC_70?

Looking back at your thread the ISTA P fault is interesting. It suggests something is not right with your description files.

Are you able to try a clean install of standard tools? Use the bimmer geeks download. Then you can rule out a coding setup problem.
Good afternoon,

All read-jobs work in Tool32 with the file DXC_70.
All write-jobs does not work. So changing VIN or standard coding is rejected.

Because of the error of ISTA-P I also tried it with the online ISTA-P with one day subscription from a clean laptop, but the error was exactly the same, indicating that the problem should not be my installation files.

But I re-installed the standard tools from Bimmergeeks again, and unfortunately this did not help.

Best regards Hendrik.
Appreciate 0