XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > X6 Photo/Video/Audio Gallery

08-14-2008, 01:01 AM   #23
leonelm3
SHOCKINVIBES MOTORSPORTS !
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2001AA SC E46M3+09AudiQ7 Sline

Autodahn,

Nice!
that was my only mistake (Not ordering the perforated interior) and when i tried to change that, it was too late. but no matter, i think my wife and i will be overwhelmed.
Now as far as the Audio goes i hope the sound system does Rock in our new xDrive 50i because in our Current Porsche Cayenne Bose did a magnificent job with the sound system. (our 50i got the premium upgraded system which is 700 watts!)
hands down the best "Factory" system we have ever heard.
THANKS for the pics autodahn.
2008 BMW X6 xDrive 50i
on 22's
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2008, 06:44 AM   #24
autodahn
Kassel Kid
Rep
Drives: X6 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palbay View Post
autodahn, Beautiful X6.....enjoy that exhaust note!!!! Interesting about the hail damage.I've publicly stated on this forum about my concern for hail damage at the BMW Plant here in SC.Contrary to what BMW might have told you.....this area quite frequently receives severe hail producing thunderstorms during the warm spring and summer months.I know BMW temporarily stores much of it's production in outside lots until it's put on trains or trucks for shipment.The outside storage issue is not unique to just BMW Plants.Most of the car plants in the SE US deal w/ the thunderstorm issue and outside storage lots.I'm not sure what the long term solution would be.Maybe some sort of covered storage bld.I guess cost and logistics collide w/ the probability of a severe thunderstorm occuring and the cost to fix the damage.Some Auto Plants install a sonic blast machine that apparently breaks up the hail before it hits the ground.I'm not sure if BMW employs that type of device.Your comment about the hail really raised my antenna.Thanks! PalBay
Thanks Pb. The PDC staff were just a little vague in their explanation. Said they do store the cars outside prior to shipment/delivery, and have no plans to build any covered storage, then said the storm occurred on a Saturday so no one was there to move the cars (!) to safety... obviously an employee safety issue in itself...

Sonic blast! Isn't that a dessert? But seriously, wouldn't a blast strong enough to fracture ice potentially damage glass? Maybe it's a frequency content issue (in a former life, I was a geophysicist)...seems like the technology and equipment would be hugely expensive...more so one would think than just some simple sheds!

Anyway, if it was me, (not meaning to harshen anyone's chill), I would examine my new BMW carefully for possible undetected hail damage, or at least ask if the car was parked outside the plant on Aug 2nd...

Cheers! -ad
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2008, 09:52 AM   #25
Palbay
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by autodahn View Post
Thanks Pb. The PDC staff were just a little vague in their explanation. Said they do store the cars outside prior to shipment/delivery, and have no plans to build any covered storage, then said the storm occurred on a Saturday so no one was there to move the cars (!) to safety... obviously an employee safety issue in itself...

Sonic blast! Isn't that a dessert? But seriously, wouldn't a blast strong enough to fracture ice potentially damage glass? Maybe it's a frequency content issue (in a former life, I was a geophysicist)...seems like the technology and equipment would be hugely expensive...more so one would think than just some simple sheds!

Anyway, if it was me, (not meaning to harshen anyone's chill), I would examine my new BMW carefully for possible undetected hail damage, or at least ask if the car was parked outside the plant on Aug 2nd...

Cheers! -ad
I'm not sure of the technology used.... As LeMansM5 pointed out I think Nissan in MS was the first to try this system.I believe its derived from systems used to protect certain types of crops from hail damage.The blast are directed straight up into the air.Not sure what effect it might have on glass.For what Bimmer charges for these machines......you would think they could afford to build some metal sheds w/ a roofs over them!!!!???? Thanks! PalBay

Last edited by Palbay; 08-14-2008 at 10:54 AM.. Reason: Spell
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2008, 10:19 AM   #26
autodahn
Kassel Kid
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palbay View Post
For what Bimmer charges for these machines......you would think they could afford to built some metal sheds w/ a roofs over them!!!!???? Thanks! PalBay
Shed yeah!

Cheers! -ad
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2008, 10:55 AM   #27
autodahn
Kassel Kid
Rep

Interior shots!

It is the black perf. leather with the ventilated seats (this is literally very cool, especially if you live in hot sweaty Houston), drk bamboo trim.

It is amazing how these pictures make the interior look gray...no amount of fiddling with photoshop helps...it actually is black!

Also as Burgh noted, the exterior shots make it look a lot like jet black, not easy to see the sapphire metallic sheen...

Cheers! -ad
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-14-2008, 11:45 AM   #28
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
It is the black perf. leather with the ventilated seats (this is literally very cool, especially if you live in hot sweaty Houston), drk bamboo trim.

It is amazing how these pictures make the interior look gray...no amount of fiddling with photoshop helps...it actually is black!

Also as Burgh noted, the exterior shots make it look a lot like jet black, not easy to see the sapphire metallic sheen...

Cheers! -ad
Wow cool gray interior ... didn't know that the engine was located in the interior of your car too

Just kidding. Thanks for the great pictures... Can't wait to get mine

I assume from your post that you are happy with the ventilated seats?

I know some other posters mentioned that the ventilated seats on other cars (different brand) were useless, so I was wondering what your input on this matter is since I ordered mine with the ventilated seats as well...
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2008, 11:51 AM   #29
Palbay
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW X3

First nude engine shot!!!!!!........ Thanks! PalBay
      08-14-2008, 11:59 AM   #30
autodahn
Kassel Kid
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive50i View Post
Wow cool gray interior ... didn't know that the engine was located in the interior of your car too

Just kidding. Thanks for the great pictures... Can't wait to get mine

I assume from your post that you are happy with the ventilated seats?

I know some other posters mentioned that the ventilated seats on other cars (different brand) were useless, so I was wondering what your input on this matter is since I ordered mine with the ventilated seats as well...
Found the seat coolers very useful on the drive back to Texas. It is a subtle, yet noticable effect. May not have much use for the heated seats down here though...perhaps you will in Canada?

Oh, and yes the engine is inside the car; I decided against the optional roof-mounted V8...

Cheers! -ad
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2008, 12:29 PM   #31
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
Found the seat coolers very useful on the drive back to Texas. It is a subtle, yet noticable effect. May not have much use for the heated seats down here though...perhaps you will in Canada?

Oh, and yes the engine is inside the car; I decided against the optional roof-mounted V8...

Cheers! -ad
Heated seats are absolutely awesome and pretty much a 'must have' in the cold winter days, unless you enjoy riding to work on a block of ice

The heated steering wheel will be nice too.
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2008, 02:52 PM   #32
gnjuss
Private
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: M5

Wowee...Sweet ride,man,you can rent it out to be used in some rap video!

The interior is a tad too grey for my taste,but nice touch on that bamboo,looking cool,but could have looked cooler in saaaay...Saddle brown maybe?
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2008, 02:57 PM   #33
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

yes,i agree..saddle brown is so sweet.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2008, 05:09 PM   #34
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

I also have the black Nevada perf ventilated seats and love them. We visit folks in Arizona and Nevada a lot and these are really worth it. Makes the trip more comfortable, as Autodahn says " It is a subtle, yet noticeable effect".
      11-03-2008, 10:52 AM   #35
Park2670
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model 3

Nice car! I have the BSM on my 335 and absolutely love it.

Did you by chance pick up your X6 on 8-11-08 at the PC? If so, I was there too!