XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

04-12-2019, 10:57 PM   #1
Stoshmiester
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X6M, 2008 E60 M5

hi all, new to the forum. Just installed a new boost gauge from p3. so far liking the look and features including track timers. Easy install, premounted to vent wanted clean look. using it to get baseline reads before completing velos stage 2 tunes.

initial 0-60 runs using timer

1st run 4.08,
2nd run with launch 3.9

has anyone had experience with this gauge? Still learning all the features.

[IMG]undefined[/IMG]
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-13-2019, 02:51 PM   #2
El Wray
Private
Rep
Drives: AW X6M

Thanks for posting! QQ - How'd you route power? And is this the bluetooth one? Have been debating doing P3 but feel that AC on BMW sucks in general and would prefer to keep all the venting possible. (Especially here in CA)

Interested in hearing more after the velos install!
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2019, 09:20 PM   #3
Stoshmiester
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Wray View Post
Thanks for posting! QQ - How'd you route power? And is this the bluetooth one? Have been debating doing P3 but feel that AC on BMW sucks in general and would prefer to keep all the venting possible. (Especially here in CA)

Gauge install was easy, power is all routed through OBDII port. I routed wiring all through the driver door sill. 3 screws total removal. have not noticed any significant changes in air flow. I'm East coast so won't be able to really test cooling for another few weeks.

Will advise back once the new tune is in, probably another week at least due to travels. Using the supplied handheld to download my OEM file was pretty easy. Omar and Stephen at Velos have been awesome to deal with.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2019, 04:13 PM   #4
jschill31@gmail.com
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X6M

Hello, I would like to get one of those...where did you order it from? Also have you found a reliable sequence to engage launch control? It seems hit or miss for me, sometimes the initial jolt causes my foot to slip a tiny bit and it seems to stop shifting.

Cheers
      04-19-2019, 04:30 PM   #5
Stoshmiester
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschill31@gmail.com View Post
Hello, I would like to get one of those...where did you order it from? Also have you found a reliable sequence to engage launch control? It seems hit or miss for me, sometimes the initial jolt causes my foot to slip a tiny bit and it seems to stop shifting.

Cheers
Quote:

Cheers
Company name is P3 Guages. if you price out a vent preinstalled option pretty pricey $700. I picked this one up from Ebay preinstalled in vent, plug and play with trackpack...was a good buy at 460. attaching the seller I purchased from, last I checked he had additional units.

As far as launch control, I have done it a handful of times, but no issues. M mode on, traction off, shift to sport mode and up 1 for D1, mash brake and accelerator to 3/4 throttle until flag appears..let r rip from there. I would say easing into throttle while hard press on brake does seem more consistent. also engine does need to be warmed up b4 trying.

hope it helps!
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      04-19-2019, 04:53 PM   #6
0-60Motorsports
Brigadier General
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 JB 04 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoshmiester View Post
Quote:

Cheers
Quote:

Cheers
Company name is P3 Guages. if you price out a vent preinstalled option pretty pricey $700. I picked this one up from Ebay preinstalled in vent, plug and play with trackpack...was a good buy at 460. attaching the seller I purchased from, last I checked he had additional units.

As far as launch control, I have done it a handful of times, but no issues. M mode on, traction off, shift to sport mode and up 1 for D1, mash brake and accelerator to 3/4 throttle until flag appears..let r rip from there. I would say easing into throttle while hard press on brake does seem more consistent. also engine does need to be warmed up b4 trying.

hope it helps!
Thank for posting that info. Could you kindly post a link to the seller as i couldn't find him on eBay search
2011 VW Golf R DSG White/Black
IG: @060Motorsports
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2019, 05:04 PM   #7
Stoshmiester
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Cheers
Quote:

Cheers

hope it helps!
Thank for posting that info. Could you kindly post a link to the seller as i couldn't find him on eBay search
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Cheers
Quote:

Cheers

hope it helps!
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F153441232986
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2019, 06:45 PM   #8
El Wray
Private
Rep
Drives: AW X6M

Search for p3 and e70 or e71 shows him as the first result:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/zeroyonmotorsports909
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2019, 05:40 AM   #9
0-60Motorsports
Brigadier General
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 JB 04 Coupe

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Cheers
Quote:

Cheers

hope it helps!
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Cheers
Quote:

Cheers

hope it helps!
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F153441232986
Thank you
2011 VW Golf R DSG White/Black
IG: @060Motorsports
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2019, 06:24 PM   #10
Stoshmiester
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Quote:

Just finished Velos Tune install and posted in a seperate posting..overall very impressed, best so far is 3.71 0-60 without launch control! did not sacrifice driveability, much stronger seat of the pants pulls in every gear.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2019, 03:47 PM   #11
jschill31@gmail.com
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X6M

Hello,

It is crazy what these "tanks" can do... I enjoyed your tune write-up, thank you.

Cheers