XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

11-12-2018, 10:25 AM   #23
pearlpower
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherArchitect View Post
I wouldn't go for these... the DRL's look "cheap"... after a lot of thought and research, I just got the regular round CCFL's, a new set of headlight lens covers(still processing..) and I'm going to work on them myself.

Here are a few tips based on what I've gathered over the past few months:

1. After waking up to a hit and run on my car (busted headlight and fender, passenger side), I found a replacement headlight - not in the greatest shape- for something around 250$.. the auto adjustment (vertical) isn't working. So, I'm going to "migrate" all the equipment from my old headlight (it only suffered a broken lens, thankfully) to the new one.

2. "Demon Eyes" mod is simply placing a red LED in the projector lens - I've used this while working on my friend's BRZ . You don't need to remove the headlight for this... just FYI

3. Halo rings or Angel Eyes - There are unlimited amount of mods floating around. I recommend these:
a. ICONIC - Umnitza are selling them at Kidney prices no idea why! -
b. Orion - Again, Umnitza overpriced the hell out of these ... so ... try these, i've used them on my buddy's car, looks epic!

4. For Turn Signals, I suggest an easy and surprisingly good looking mod:
Get LED turn signal bulbs (no fade between on and off) get some 3M matte black vinyl and cover the lines of the encasement (it'll look like the one shown in the Russian's video)

5. Still no "viable" solution for the "eye lash" except from the Russian dude, and it's not the best option IMO - I will definitely post updates on that whenever I find anything.

I hope this helps, pardon the long post.... no bmw potato here I suppose?

I would say it is subjective, I cannot stand the tubes as they look old school to me. I am more interested in any loss in functionality with the headlights such as AFS and auto Hi-Beam. I contacted the vendor and they to me nothing is lost, so we shall see.

Last edited by pearlpower; 11-13-2018 at 08:50 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2018, 11:27 AM   #24
Cactus_BMW
Private
Rep
Drives: '08 X5 3.0si

Bumping this thread... I have an '08 X5 with tired headlight covers that just aren't restoring to that near-new look I'd like. I'm searching for a replacement alternative, and if I can get a new updated halo look in the process that's a bonus.

I have the HIDs with AFS feature, so need to maintain that functionality.
Appreciate 0