XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum
 
TireRack





Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Video + PC Gaming / Computing

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-09-2020, 07:31 PM   #1541
scostu
Colonel
scostu's Avatar
United_States
1551
Rep
2,002
Posts

Drives: 2016 F25
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Space Coast Florida...aka NASA area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboSid View Post
About to start playing in 15min. Should put in a couple hours today
Let us knowwwwwww!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2020, 10:42 PM   #1542
TurboSid
Brigadier General
TurboSid's Avatar
488
Rep
3,039
Posts

Drives: 2017 M4 MW/SO ZCP
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Florida

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by scostu View Post
Let us knowwwwwww!
Just got into the open world. Its starting off like any RPG... a little bit of explaining and some tutorials. Building up the world/story.

Its a lot like GTA w/ RPG elements. I'm actually stuck on a main quest bc I dont understand what its asking me to do. I'm either missing something or the quest is broken but don't see anything on the internet about it.
__________________


2017 MW/SO M4 ZCP [SOLD]
2015 MW/SO M4 M-DCT FBO [SOLD] • 2011 AW/CR 335is DCT FBO [SOLD] • 2008 AW/CR 335i 6MT FBO [SOLD]
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2020, 03:55 AM   #1543
Ximian
.
Ximian's Avatar
United_States
377
Rep
630
Posts

Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: MN

iTrader: (0)

Got 5 or so hour into the game. It starts pretty slow and there's lot of bugs (bottom half nude when you look at a mirror, car does not move forward when you're about to go into a parking spot, lots of floating cheese burgers, etc), but nothing game breaking so far. If you can wait a few weeks, a lot of these should be fixed.

I've got everything on the highest settings but the graphics quality is a bit disappointing. Just looks grainy to hide that it's almost a step backwards compared to Witcher 3 quality.
Appreciate 1
scostu1550.50

      12-10-2020, 05:34 AM   #1544
TurboSid
Brigadier General
TurboSid's Avatar
488
Rep
3,039
Posts

Drives: 2017 M4 MW/SO ZCP
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Florida

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ximian View Post
Got 5 or so hour into the game. It starts pretty slow and there's lot of bugs (bottom half nude when you look at a mirror, car does not move forward when you're about to go into a parking spot, lots of floating cheese burgers, etc), but nothing game breaking so far. If you can wait a few weeks, a lot of these should be fixed.

I've got everything on the highest settings but the graphics quality is a bit disappointing. Just looks grainy to hide that it's almost a step backwards compared to Witcher 3 quality.
I'm playing on Stadia on a 1080p tv with "excellent" connection and I feel about the same regarding the graphics.

Also I quit my session after a main quest kept telling me to speak to an NPC that I'd already spoken with so I couldn't get past it. I restarted a few times and was stuck so I gave up after about 30min and doing a couple of side quests.

Right before bed I tried it one more time on my phone and when I loaded the game it moved to the next task in the quest so I could continue.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2020, 10:01 AM   #1545
Ximian
.
Ximian's Avatar
United_States
377
Rep
630
Posts

Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: MN

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboSid View Post
I'm playing on Stadia on a 1080p tv with "excellent" connection and I feel about the same regarding the graphics.

Also I quit my session after a main quest kept telling me to speak to an NPC that I'd already spoken with so I couldn't get past it. I restarted a few times and was stuck so I gave up after about 30min and doing a couple of side quests.

Right before bed I tried it one more time on my phone and when I loaded the game it moved to the next task in the quest so I could continue.
I wouldn't be surprised if Stadia had a slightly older build. There was a 9.7 GB update yesterday but that could have been to fill in the missing items from the preload so people couldn't start the game early.

I went the street kid route for this play through because it should be the most functional as that's what they demo'ed most.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2020, 12:22 PM   #1546
E92inPHX
Second Lieutenant
E92inPHX's Avatar
263
Rep
238
Posts

Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: it burns!!!, PHX

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboSid View Post
I'm playing on Stadia on a 1080p tv with "excellent" connection and I feel about the same regarding the graphics.

Also I quit my session after a main quest kept telling me to speak to an NPC that I'd already spoken with so I couldn't get past it. I restarted a few times and was stuck so I gave up after about 30min and doing a couple of side quests.

Right before bed I tried it one more time on my phone and when I loaded the game it moved to the next task in the quest so I could continue.
Is the game online only?

I read a review that week from someone who got an early release for PC and they said there were lots of bugs and they’re releasing the game too early but also that it was unavoidable since the game is massive. It did say the bugs were little things and nothing that causes the game to crash. I’m sure the fixes will be pretty quick now that the general public are playing and will be reporting them.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2020, 06:18 PM   #1547
TurboSid
Brigadier General
TurboSid's Avatar
488
Rep
3,039
Posts

Drives: 2017 M4 MW/SO ZCP
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Florida

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxyblue View Post
Is the game online only?

I read a review that week from someone who got an early release for PC and they said there were lots of bugs and they’re releasing the game too early but also that it was unavoidable since the game is massive. It did say the bugs were little things and nothing that causes the game to crash. I’m sure the fixes will be pretty quick now that the general public are playing and will be reporting them.
My consensus is that since its mostly single player and CDPR is known for giving away its games (I got witcher 3 goty a couple years ago for $18) I would wait if you can.

I got the stadia version w/ a promo so I did it but might not be worth it to you.

Not sure if traditional PC version is online only since Stadia has to be. Pretty sure if you buy it on GoG you will get a drm free version.
__________________


2017 MW/SO M4 ZCP [SOLD]
2015 MW/SO M4 M-DCT FBO [SOLD] • 2011 AW/CR 335is DCT FBO [SOLD] • 2008 AW/CR 335i 6MT FBO [SOLD]
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2020, 11:24 AM   #1548
E92inPHX
Second Lieutenant
E92inPHX's Avatar
263
Rep
238
Posts

Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: it burns!!!, PHX

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboSid View Post
My consensus is that since its mostly single player and CDPR is known for giving away its games (I got witcher 3 goty a couple years ago for $18) I would wait if you can.

I got the stadia version w/ a promo so I did it but might not be worth it to you.

Not sure if traditional PC version is online only since Stadia has to be. Pretty sure if you buy it on GoG you will get a drm free version.
I’m not planning on getting the PS5 til at least spring or summer since there’s not much I want coming out anytime soon. With a game this massive I’d figure there would be plenty of bugs once millions start playing it so I rarely get something like this upon release. Hopefully they sort it out quickly so the rest of you guys can enjoy this in the meantime.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2020, 02:31 PM   #1549
paliknight
fuck this field
paliknight's Avatar
United_States
2119
Rep
2,611
Posts

Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: everywhere

iTrader: (1)

Does anyone here want a 5600X or RTX 3090 at cost? Both brand new. I have extra from my Buddy backing out. Will just return them if not. Just thought I'd offer it to non scalpers
__________________
BMW family... for now.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2020, 07:41 AM   #1550
E93_Savage
Enlisted Member
44
Rep
46
Posts

Drives: 73 240z , 09 335i
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Oakland, CA

iTrader: (0)

Assetto Corsa
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2020, 12:05 PM   #1551
Shiza
Captain
Shiza's Avatar
790
Rep
872
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paliknight View Post
Does anyone here want a 5600X or RTX 3090 at cost? Both brand new. I have extra from my Buddy backing out. Will just return them if not. Just thought I'd offer it to non scalpers
Can you PM me with the 3090 price?
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2020, 03:04 PM   #1552
freakystyly
Lieutenant
273
Rep
501
Posts

Drives: E90 330i 6MT
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Ontario

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboSid View Post
Not sure if traditional PC version is online only since Stadia has to be. Pretty sure if you buy it on GoG you will get a drm free version.
Game's gorgeous on a higher end PC. Makes it hard to wait for the holidays for some time off to play it.

There are bugs sure, but nothing too disturbing that a lot of console players are salty about. It isn't GTA plain and simple, it has actual depth and detail (tho some might still be missing). There are definitely "scripted" open world cut scenes that have just the perfect lighting to make things pop tho.

Playing on 1440p monitor maxed out with an AMD 5700xt and it's smooth enough for me. I'd rather have quality than fps anyways.

It's easy to get disappointed in people venting on forums like the subreddit, avoid that place if at all possible and just enjoy it for what it is.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2020, 01:52 PM   #1553
4Hockey4
Lieutenant
428
Rep
584
Posts

Drives: 16' 235i MT and 01' 330ci vert
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Somewhere

iTrader: (0)

I know little about gaming, but my son (16) just posted top 300 Radiant level for Valorant...apparently his K/D with Reyna character of 1.36 is pretty high.

After winning $$ with Fortnite, he's hit a couple tourneys for V now.
__________________
'16 235i MT RWD, AA downpipe, ER Charge, Rogue SSK, Powerflex bushings, Titan 7 ts-5 Wheels
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2021, 08:34 AM   #1554
Noucrawler
Registered
Noucrawler's Avatar
0
Rep
2
Posts

Drives: Toyota camry
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Odessa

iTrader: (0)

Why so many problems with new ps5? I can`t use any site in the console browser. On PS4 it was easy to surf the internet but it`s impossible to do on ps5. I try to connect to https://hawk.live/ but it said that I have a bad proxy server. While I wrote to support, they said that they can`t help me with changing it, cause it`s not their site. What a great help
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2021, 08:05 PM   #1555
Rocket455
Grumpysaurus Rex
Rocket455's Avatar
United_States
55
Rep
117
Posts

Drives: M340i /'72TransAm /'69Toronado
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: San Diego, CA

iTrader: (0)

Just finished Command & Conquer - Remastered on my PC, moved on to completing all the new Wolfenstein series on XBox 1. Currently wrapping up Bulletstorm Remastered, then on to Gears 5.
__________________
“Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans.” — John Lennon
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:58 AM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST