XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

01-09-2019, 07:11 AM   #1
LuisG
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 X5 3.0si

Transmission Malfunction Due to INPA

Hi all
Since 4 days I've been reading about learning to code and use the tools like INPA, etc.. I've been a computer tech enginneering for about 20 years and I am very interested in learning about this, so, I don't have any problem understanding the tech related.
The day before yesterday I used INPA to try to calibrate the valvetronic limit position or the learning process due to a gasket change in the motor, but most of the commands in the inpa version that I have 5.06 are in german and I don't know what I pressed that the transmission is stuck in the 4th gear and i have the message "Malfunction Transmission".
The transmission never have given problems and the X5 have 158,XXX miles on it. I updated the modules through BMW Coding Tool with the E70 Daten file, but, still the same.
The 2007 X5 is a E52 engine.

Any help will be appreciate, and I hope to be in the correct thread - I am Newbie
Thanks Luis

Last edited by LuisG; 01-10-2019 at 12:02 PM.. Reason: spelling
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 12:19 PM   #2
LuisG
Registered
United_States
Rep

I will need a gearbox reset but, I'm starting Inpa 5.06 and I choose the chassis Fkey F5 for E70, then the Transmission option but isn't giving me the Activate function key F6 where can I work with the tranny options.

Any comment to this...?
Luis

At this time of writing, I have seen that 62 people had viewed this post but, no response yet.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2019, 07:16 AM   #3
WuCreW
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis_X5_2019 View Post
I will need a gearbox reset but, I'm starting Inpa 5.06 and I choose the chassis Fkey F5 for E70, then the Transmission option but isn't giving me the Activate function key F6 where can I work with the tranny options.

Any comment to this...?
Luis

At this time of writing, I have seen that 62 people had viewed this post but, no response yet.
I would ask your question over at "bmw coding . c o m" as you will get more help over there.

Last edited by WuCreW; 01-15-2019 at 07:18 AM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2019, 07:31 PM   #4
LuisG
Registered
United_States
Rep

Fixed

Hi WuCrew
Thanks for you reply,
I just installed Rheingold and started to read about it. Honestly, I found Rheingold ISTA easier than INPA, more clear. I just found that when I worked for the first time with INPA in my X5 it drained the battery fast and the transmission got in limp mode. So, in ISTA I just deactivated an option like
"Transport Mode" and ¡Voila!..... The transmission came back to life.
Now I am going to work with the Valvetronic relearn procedure because I change the gasket in the valvetronic motor....

Luis
Appreciate 0