XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

10-13-2021, 07:49 AM   #1
KeepPedaling
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

AUX option grayed out

I have a 2007 X5 (purchased used) with the top hifi system which included the $6FL (USB/AUX input in center console) option. The AUX option has always disabled (grayed out) in the iDrive system.

Here's what I've already tried in order to solve the problem (using NCS Expert):

-I verified the VO is correct.
-I performed an FA_WRITE to the CAS module.
-I performed an SG_CODIEREN (write) to the CAPPL module so it knows about the VO.
-I changed the AUX_CONFIG parameter to "mounted" in the CAPPL module.

Now, I have 2 AUX options in iDrive. One is still grayed out (unselectable) and one is selectable. When I choose the AUX that is selectable, I get no sound when connecting a source.

I have also tried using a different USB/AUX input from another E70...same result. There are no error codes in the system. Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2021, 08:21 PM   #2
03Saleen
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepPedaling View Post
I have a 2007 X5 (purchased used) with the top hifi system which included the $6FL (USB/AUX input in center console) option. The AUX option has always disabled (grayed out) in the iDrive system.

Here's what I've already tried in order to solve the problem (using NCS Expert):

-I verified the VO is correct.
-I performed an FA_WRITE to the CAS module.
-I performed an SG_CODIEREN (write) to the CAPPL module so it knows about the VO.
-I changed the AUX_CONFIG parameter to "mounted" in the CAPPL module.

Now, I have 2 AUX options in iDrive. One is still grayed out (unselectable) and one is selectable. When I choose the AUX that is selectable, I get no sound when connecting a source.

I have also tried using a different USB/AUX input from another E70...same result. There are no error codes in the system. Any ideas?
Do you have the factory head unit or a aftermarket Android head unit?
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2021, 12:52 PM   #3
KeepPedaling
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

I have the factory head unit.
Appreciate 0