XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

10-09-2021, 06:29 PM   #1
X5msaiyan
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i, 2013 135i, 2011 x5m

Rear suspension sagging

Hello everyone.

I am looking for advices/help with my 2011 e70 x5m. Rear suspension has been sagging and cannot get it to work properly.

The problem started out months ago when driving home. The passenger side started sagging. Immediately replaced the air struts with new ones from fcp. I kept having the same issue.

Went ahead and replaced the compressor and the height leveling sensors. I tried using a buddies laptop with ista to recalibrate the height and it did not work.

I've checked for leaks and what not. Weird thing is, it sill self adjust to the normal height and stays there fine until I drive it. It drops the second I come to stop.

I'm pretty frustrated with this and I'm thinking of just going coilovers at this point just need some feedback on bc's as im not trying to go for the kws

Unless someone in the WA area can help diagnose this issue?

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2021, 11:05 PM   #2
argento
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5M

Consider this thread…

E70 rear air bags https://www.xbimmers.com/forums/show....php?t=1534113
      10-10-2021, 01:03 PM   #3
predicate_logic
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW X5M

I had a similar issue....

For mine, it turned out that the car was in transport mode (!)

There were no warning lights or messages on the dash, and the car would keep putting itself into transport mode.

It's a long story, but the solution for me was to get a new AGM battery and to register it and reset everything. Are you able to check to see if your car is in transport mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5msaiyan View Post
Hello everyone.

I am looking for advices/help with my 2011 e70 x5m. Rear suspension has been sagging and cannot get it to work properly.

The problem started out months ago when driving home. The passenger side started sagging. Immediately replaced the air struts with new ones from fcp. I kept having the same issue.

Went ahead and replaced the compressor and the height leveling sensors. I tried using a buddies laptop with ista to recalibrate the height and it did not work.

I've checked for leaks and what not. Weird thing is, it sill self adjust to the normal height and stays there fine until I drive it. It drops the second I come to stop.

I'm pretty frustrated with this and I'm thinking of just going coilovers at this point just need some feedback on bc's as im not trying to go for the kws

Unless someone in the WA area can help diagnose this issue?

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2021, 10:21 AM   #4
Trainwreck914
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 F15 E39 E90 E53

I don't see any mention of the air bags being replaced. I would replace those first.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2021, 02:55 PM   #5
Rich807
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck914 View Post
I don't see any mention of the air bags being replaced. I would replace those first.
3rd line in the thread's first post?
Appreciate 0