XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

12-28-2011, 04:07 PM   #1
joeyemma
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 x5 3.5d

snap in adapter for 2012 3.5d x5

I just took deliver of a 2012 x5 3.5d....LOVE IT

I have an iPhone 4

I have BMW apps and I plugged my iPhone in using the USB cable to access BMW apps.

I am told I want to get a snap in adapter for my iPhone to fully take advantage of BMW apps....is this true?

I have seen a lot of different snap in adapters via Google search ranging in pirice from a low of $100 at a site I am unfamiliar with to $270 or so on the BMW site.

Which adapter should I get and is there someplace cheaper than the BMW site?

With so many search results I am hesitant to buy one away from BMW and get the wrong thing....but I have to believe I can get the right snap in adapter for less than what BMW wants on the site.

Can anybody help me with this please?

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2011, 05:00 PM   #2
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 19 FG M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyemma View Post
I just took deliver of a 2012 x5 3.5d....LOVE IT

I have an iPhone 4

I have BMW apps and I plugged my iPhone in using the USB cable to access BMW apps.

I am told I want to get a snap in adapter for my iPhone to fully take advantage of BMW apps....is this true?

I have seen a lot of different snap in adapters via Google search ranging in pirice from a low of $100 at a site I am unfamiliar with to $270 or so on the BMW site.

Which adapter should I get and is there someplace cheaper than the BMW site?

With so many search results I am hesitant to buy one away from BMW and get the wrong thing....but I have to believe I can get the right snap in adapter for less than what BMW wants on the site.

Can anybody help me with this please?

Thanks in advance.
Just physically went and picked one up today - exact same x5 as you. The part number is 84 21 2 218 390 "Snap-in adapter for media"....

224.09 with BMW CCA discount but had to pay tax since it was local, so 239.78.

Have only used it a little, but I believe you do not have to run the connected app to get things like pandora to work. I just fired up pandora and connected the phone and it showed it under apps. When I use the USB cable, I have to run the connected app, wait for it to connect, then run the pandora app and wait for it to connect....not sure what other advantages there are at this point...will keep playing.
Appreciate 0