XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

08-13-2013, 05:52 PM   #1
sgtpeper
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 X5d M-Sport DHP

Is this a good deal for an '11 X5 35D

Hi all,

Found this CPO X5 Diesel the other day. Just want to know if this is a good deal at 46k with 28k miles, Silver with black and these options:

SPORT ACTIVITY PKG
ACTIVE VENTILATED SEAT PKG
PREMIUM PKG
PREMIUM SOUND PKG
TECHNOLOGY PKG
Y-SPOKE (STYLE 214) 20" ALLOY WHEELS
ADAPTIVE DRIVE
COMFORT ACCESS KEYLESS ENTRY
RUNNING BOARDS
MATTE BLACK ROOF RAILS
MULTI-CONTOUR SEATS
3-STAGE HEATED FRONT SEATS
DARK BAMBOO INTERIOR WOOD TRIM
AUTOMATIC HIGH BEAMS
SMARTPHONE INTEGRATION

They've offered me 21k for my '09 335xi 6MT.

Trying to decide. Is the adaptive drive worth it? Or is it just something to break super expensively?

Also, it doesnt have cold weather package and I do live in Denver, however it does seem to have heated seats. Am I really missing out on anything without the full package?

Thanks for the help-
'03 Porsche 996 Turbo X50
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2013, 09:21 PM   #2
sgtpeper
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 X5d M-Sport DHP

Woops, yet again, I posted in the wrong place. That's what I get for posting at work!
'03 Porsche 996 Turbo X50
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2013, 01:51 AM   #3
dorsz
Rep
Drives: Mitsu Montero Sport

The price to high, look for better deal on car.com. 20" tires are high performance and will need set of winter tires ( a must), cold weather package also consist of heated steering wheel and headlamp washers. Adaptive drive is a transmission software which adapts to your driving habits. For more information go to bmwusa.com. I hope this was helpful.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2013, 02:59 PM   #4
pcguru19
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 35D

I just bought a similarly equipped 2011 X5 35D for 42K that started out at 46K. A technique I used is I went to carmax.com because you can search all of their locations for a specific module like the X5 and hand over your salesman a long list of comparably equipped vehicles and show them a number of purchase options and their asking price. The nice part about carmax is you can get a vehicle shipped from elsewhere to your nearest store for a couple hundred dollars, so the sales staff can't make the case that that's what an X5 goes for across country, but not here.

I also did the same thing on my trade-in and explained I know they need to make a profit but they were offering too little between the trade in and the going retail price. I did manage to get them to move up 2K on my trade-in for a net drop of $6K from their "internet special price".
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2013, 10:23 PM   #5
texvette
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw

If could do over would not do the 20'. Expensive to replace and seem to offer low tire
life
Appreciate 0