XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

08-13-2013, 12:28 PM   #1
Mnite_S63
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F13 M6, 2010 X5M

A/C Problems 2 different diagnostics from dealers

Quick Summary

A/C started blowing warm Air while at VA. Did not want to drive back to NJ with no A/C.

Dropped off at BMW VA Beach. SA told me it was a faulty A/C compressor. Brought the paperwork back with me and dropped off at BMW Freehold.

While at BMW Freehold I gave them the print out so I dont need to deal with the bs. Following day SA tells me I lost more than half of freon but the compressor works fine with no issues. He would then look for any signs of leaks because its a clear sign there is a leak somewhere.

Following day I get a call and was told they could not find a leak. They will need to evac and put dye and recharge and check for leaks. If no leaks are found I would have to pay the $350 evac and recharge. Low and behold the next day they still could not find a leak.

I called BMW USA and they gave me the we support our dealers speech and will document my incident. I spoke to the SA and BMW Freehold and demanded an explanation on how I could possibly loose more than half of freon and still could not find a leak.

End of day I ate the cost of the recharge and was told if it starts blowing warm air again they will refund me the cost and take it again to check for leaks.
Appreciate 0