XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

07-18-2018, 09:36 PM   #1
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quad climate control issues

Well not for me anyway . On the passenger side it's somewhat warm and down below by the feet it's hot and that's with ac set to 60 degrees.

The ac system has been recharged and was only .5 lbs low anyway but problem still persists. Left side is always pretty cool unless it's like 90 out or above.

Any ideas? Flap motors perhaps?

I cycle through the options to turn the lower vents off so the hot air doesn't come out but the Luke warm air still comes out the passenger side.

Rear air is cold and driver side is good but passenger side front has issues.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2018, 10:49 PM   #2
9vapors
Major
Rep
Drives: CB X5M

I won't be much help, but recently someone was having a similar issue and someone mentioned that it's pretty common for the heat to get stuck on. Try changing the mode and see if changing it to face only changes anything.

Found the thread: AC Issue https://www.xbimmers.com/forums/show....php?t=1499441

At least it somewhere to start and some folks to ask.

Also, before you can recharge with one of those cans, you should drain the old first, I learned this the hard way.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2018, 06:44 AM   #3
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9vapors View Post
I won't be much help, but recently someone was having a similar issue and someone mentioned that it's pretty common for the heat to get stuck on. Try changing the mode and see if changing it to face only changes anything.

Found the thread: AC Issue https://www.xbimmers.com/forums/show....php?t=1499441

At least it somewhere to start and some folks to ask.

Also, before you can recharge with one of those cans, you should drain the old first, I learned this the hard way.
No worries dealer did a complete system recharge.

Just still blows warm in spots. Like you said probably a flapper somewhere
Appreciate 0