XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

06-27-2018, 11:04 AM   #1
colombiano
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW

New/used X5 Diesel buy :)

Good afternoon all, been member for quite a while through different bmw's. Thought I post my new daily 2009 X5 diesel white on Cinammon with 197000 kms. 2 owner vehicle and 2nd user drove it a lot in the last 3 years. He already had the rear airbags done as they both failed on him. Very basic maintenance done from his part. I hope to get maintenance up to speed, prior to learn how to code, do a tune and wrap the fender flares and maybe bumpers. Oh and maybe update the CCC to something else. From what I see there is a vast amount of great information so hope to keep reading and learn. It is sitting on 22's 285 tires all the way around with spacers, so far it doesn't feel too rough and handles great. Don't even want to know how heavy those wheels are. I might try later on to get some super light 18's if they fit and slap those on. Since this is my daily now main concern is to be as fuel efficient as possible. Cheers !
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-27-2018, 02:34 PM   #2
RichardR0404
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X5 35D

Just make sure dont use it as a work truck... its really good on gas on the hwy, I loved it. oh btw did you realize that you dont have a sync button for your climat control
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2018, 03:18 PM   #3
sunny_j
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5d

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardR0404 View Post
Just make sure dont use it as a work truck... its really good on gas on the hwy, I loved it. oh btw did you realize that you dont have a sync button for your climat control
still pretty bitter eh

Build Thread
https://www.xbimmers.com/forums/show....php?t=1529213
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2018, 09:19 PM   #4
colombiano
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardR0404 View Post
hahah to read up to see what you were talking about lol! sorry for the bad luck.

I have put on close 2000 kms on the truck, and enjoy it thus far. Almost all filters replaced, except the diesel filter which on my to do list, and oil change done.

the passed owner had mentioned the sunroof wasn't working so I after scaring myself thinking how bad and $$$ it can be. I decided to see what was up, I found it the sunroof motor unplugged, after visual inspection nothing seemed broken or bent. So i decided to do the reset, off course i found the wrong one for ours cars and didn't' work. after some searching find the right one. please see attached. I reset it and voila, I know we can cut the pieces for the back portion of the panoramic sunroof, is there a way just to code that function out?

https://docs.google.com/document/edi...thkey=CJOxga4O
Appreciate 0